Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is GM's official recommendation for PSI on the FR710s? BOTH front and rear? Whats on the door jam?

·
Premium Member
6,915 Posts
Honestly I have never looked but would suspect its 32-34psi. why the question? If you need exact PSI and no one answers in the next 5minutes I will walk out and take a look.

Tire sidewall is 44PSI, anything over 38PSI you start to feel every bump. Hot mine are usually at 37psi according to the DIC.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for looking...I was just curious. I run 34PSI all around on my Elantra and feel its a nice compromise between Hyundai's recommended 30PSI all around.

·
Registered
50 Posts
My Firestones had the same problem, anything over 38 PSI and they road rough. My new Michelin Primacys on 18" wheels don't care what pressure i run. They ride just as smooth at 50 psi as they do with 35 psi. Much softer ride and better handling than the stones.

·
Premium Member
6,915 Posts
Notice any different wear pattern at 50PSI? What's the benefit of that much air?
Tires wear more evenly when driven closer to the max sidewall PSI, they also last longer too. You do gain MPG with more PSI and does not adversely effect handling or traction much, contrary to everything that we have been told over the years.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts