Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,595 Posts
Just don't tell them you have AMSOil in the gearbox. If they have to replace the fluid under warranty they are required by GM to use the GM synchromesh. This really sounds like a worn clutch to me.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Just don't tell them you have AMSOil in the gearbox. If they have to replace the fluid under warranty they are required by GM to use the GM synchromesh. This really sounds like a worn clutch to me.
Well, it has warmed up... the car has 23k miles on it. It drove a few minutes ago and it shifted just fine.

I could see this issue reared its head if it was -20F, but not at 30F. Right now I'm leaning towards going back to GM synchromesh and see if it corrects the problem. If not, then maybe I can get some help from the dealer since it is still under bumper to bumper.

·
Premium Member
25,595 Posts
Well, it has warmed up... the car has 23k miles on it. It drove a few minutes ago and it shifted just fine.

I could see this issue reared its head if it was -20F, but not at 30F. Right now I'm leaning towards going back to GM synchromesh and see if it corrects the problem. If not, then maybe I can get some help from the dealer since it is still under bumper to bumper.
I wonder if the linkages between the shifter in the cabin and the transmission need to be adjusted and relubricated. We've had a few members have issues with shifting and the problem was improper alignment between the gear shift and the transmission.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I feel I should update this - The car has several thousand miles since the change. We had been warming the car up before leaving and the notchiness was non-existent. We finally had a colder morning (15F) and we were running late and didn't warm the car up... it shifted fine.

I guess the moral of the story, it will work itself out, but it was frightening at first.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.