Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my father and i are going to the Dealer thursday! i want a Black Cruze with red/black interior. id like to have 6MT with RS package. and wouldnt mind a sunroof but its not gonna make or break the deal. def need the speaker upgrade tho. so im seeking to find myself a 1LT or ECO both are avg MSRP 19999 or 20000. i can afford about $250 a month range anything less then that would be amazing! i have $5000 i plan on putting down and a 2000 jeep cherokee im going to see what they wil give me for a trade in.

should i bring anything? ive heard if your household has chevy you can bring the registration if its1999 or newer and they will give you a loyalty discount? my hoysehold has 3 chevy lol two 99 one 06

ive also heard that if u bring a copy of college degree (i just graduated with AAS) they will give discounts "nissan dealer did for my freind"

also how should i negotiate to get the price lower? this is my first time buying a new car so i can easily get screwed??

is there anything else i should bring to get max discounts?

if they dont have the cruze i want should i try to custom order it and if so i get discounts threw this site Drive Your Dream | Car Buying Home Page and the dealer is on the site. (1000 off)

thanks for all input im just trying to prepare myself before i go in blind the more info i have the better off i am with getting a better deal ect.

ps im 23 whats the insurance rate for this car anyone .... i got quoted 200 a month with progressive is that to much (full coverage)

also with finacing should i go threw dealer or the a bank like this one New Car Loans - New Auto Loan Financing at Low Rates | Capital One sounds instresting they give u a blank check u take it to dealer like paying cash?

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Went to seven dealers and received seven quotes, said cash, and want your best price, already had my vehicle picked out and wanted to order it fresh from the factory with 2 miles on the odometer.

But already knew the dealer I wanted to do business with, is close and an excellent service record. His quote wasn't the lowest, didn't bicker, just showed him the lowest quote and asked if he could equal that, nicely with a smile on my face. Said sure, not only equal it, but beat it by a couple hundred more dollars.

In going to several dealers, seeing what was on their lots, helped me to decide what we wanted. Have to say we, have a wife.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i pay 250 for progressive in NY with a bunch of speeding tickets on my history...

edit: and I'm around your age
all i have is a car accident lol no tickets i was hoping to hear a lower price but i guess 200 is fine! so now i just need a car for $200 a month lol that would be amazing 400 a month not bad

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Went to seven dealers and received seven quotes, said cash, and want your best price, already had my vehicle picked out and wanted to order it fresh from the factory with 2 miles on the odometer.

But already knew the dealer I wanted to do business with, is close and an excellent service record. His quote wasn't the lowest, didn't bicker, just showed him the lowest quote and asked if he could equal that, nicely with a smile on my face. Said sure, not only equal it, but beat it by a couple hundred more dollars.

In going to several dealers, seeing what was on their lots, helped me to decide what we wanted. Have to say we, have a wife.
i am single but my GF is a keeper and i have plans to maybe propose next year or so when i graduate college. so i figured while there is only me and not we lol i should get a car i want but at the same time keeping in my mind there would be a possiblity of a newborn in the back seat so i picked the cruze but now im having issues finding a Black LT or ECO RS package with sunroof and 6MT ... ugh i how ever dont think they will charge extra for a custom order.

·
Premium Member
5,001 Posts
I would let your dad do the talking. I'm sure he has more experience and they will take him more serious when he says "I can get the same thing for this much less elsewhere" or "we'll just walk".

Off topic... Slow your horse there little buddy. 23 is not an age to be thinking about marriage no matter how awesome she is. Especially if you guys have carreers in mind. Take your time,we're not going anywhere. Not talking from experience but I love learning from others' mistakes ;)

Good luck on the purchase and everything else.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Also just to note the red/black interior is rare from what i've been seeing, and what the dealer told me. It took them a little while to find, and i was limited to what i could get in it, without actually ordering it from the factory.

They told me premium speakers weren't even available in the LT with the red/black interior, or no one had them on there lots. I'm in Canada though so you may get better luck be states side.

·
Administrator
15,765 Posts
We went to a dealership and haggled for 30 minutes and couldn't reach a price we were happy with. Before leaving, I asked him if I could have a paper outlining how much the car cost for my records and for price comparisons.

The guy printed out a sheet that gave us the invoice price for that car as well as for all of the options. This might help you in your negotiations:

CodeDescription$ MSRP$ Invoice
1PB69Cruze Eco19245.0018475.21
GARBlack Granite Metallic195.00171.60
PDCEco Driver Convenience Package495.00435.60
S3UFrong Fog Lamp Kit (Dealer installed)335.00294.80
UQAAudio System - Premium445.00391.60
VAVPremium all Weather Mats (Dealer Installed)110.0096.80
VQKFront & Rear Splash Guards170.00159.60
W2DCargo Net (Dealer Installed)55.0048.40

Ship weight: 2989
Approximate Wholesale Finance Credit: $20314.43

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
We went to a dealership and haggled for 30 minutes and couldn't reach a price we were happy with. Before leaving, I asked him if I could have a paper outlining how much the car cost for my records and for price comparisons.

The guy printed out a sheet that gave us the invoice price for that car as well as for all of the options. This might help you in your negotiations:

Code
Description
$ MSRP
$ Invoice
1PB69
Cruze Eco
GAR
Black Granite Metallic
PDC
Eco Driver Convenience Package
S3U
Frong Fog Lamp Kit (Dealer installed)
UQA
Audio System - Premium
VAV
Premium all Weather Mats (Dealer Installed)
VQK
Front & Rear Splash Guards
W2D
Cargo Net (Dealer Installed)

Ship weight: 2989
Approximate Wholesale Finance Credit: $20314.43
this will help bc i print it out and try to match it ect... and more info i have the better!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I would let your dad do the talking. I'm sure he has more experience and they will take him more serious when he says "I can get the same thing for this much less elsewhere" or "we'll just walk".

Off topic... Slow your horse there little buddy. 23 is not an age to be thinking about marriage no matter how awesome she is. Especially if you guys have carreers in mind. Take your time,we're not going anywhere. Not talking from experience but I love learning from others' mistakes ;)

Good luck on the purchase and everything else.

well i had my dad with me when i bought my jeep he co signed lol hes a horrible negotiater we paid sticker for my used jeep (stupid) lol so idk we will see how test drive goes but i think if i can find a honest salesmen LMFAO (1% change) maybe he can be straight forward

and with life yes i agree i have plans on waiting till our careers are started but she wants a long engangment so we will se where life takes us lol

·
Premium Member
303 Posts
It sounds like the car you want is definently gunna have to be a custom order. I wanted the Black/Red Interior, but didnt want to wait... (i would still be paying $500 in gas on the previous vehicle I had). I did get the loyalty discount. Though. I dont think you get $500 for every chevy you own. I thought you only got it if you traded in a chevy.

·
Administrator
15,765 Posts
It sounds like the car you want is definently gunna have to be a custom order. I wanted the Black/Red Interior, but didnt want to wait... (i would still be paying $500 in gas on the previous vehicle I had). I did get the loyalty discount. Though. I dont think you get $500 for every chevy you own. I thought you only got it if you traded in a chevy.
Nope, you actually get it if you own a GM. My wife drives a 2000 Regal GSE and we were able to get the $500 rebate just for owning that. All we had to do is show them our registration to prove we owned it.

·
Premium Member
303 Posts
Nope, you actually get it if you own a GM. My wife drives a 2000 Regal GSE and we were able to get the $500 rebate just for owning that. All we had to do is show them our registration to prove we owned it.
That is great to hear. ill keep that in mind when I dont trade in the cruze and get a new GM a few years down the road...(if they're still doing it).

·
Registered
689 Posts
Unfort the Loyalty Reward rebate of $500 just expired on Feb 29th. That was good if you own/lease a 1999 or newer GM.

If by chance your Dad is a Vet and has USAA Insurance they have a great price that the dealer will honor and a $750 rebate.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Here's my strategy:

Don't go into a dealer until you have a firm price. Never negotiate based on monthly payment.
1) Email 10+ dealers. Keep it short. Specify exactly what you want. Tell them you want their best price and tell them to include any fees.
2) Email the best 3 replies, working them off each other. Keep in mind your goal price and your max price (which should be Edmonds TMV or TrueCar price). Take it to the phones if they want, but do NOT go in until you have a firm offer.
3) Once you have a firm offer, double-confirm the quote for exactly what you want, ask them to calculate the total and breakdown of all fees including tax/title/license. Once you're satisfied then you go to the dealer. Don't accept any changes - stick to your guns since you already have a confirmed deal in place there's no reason to change it or add things to it.

·
Premium Member
303 Posts
Unfort the Loyalty Reward rebate of $500 just expired on Feb 29th. That was good if you own/lease a 1999 or newer GM.
Oh well I got lucky then HAHA!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts