Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine bought a Cruze this month after having driven since new a late 80's Pontiac Firefly 2 door hatchback. Naturally she has no idea how ABS works or feels and I am willing to bet she has no idea about some of the features the car has that the salesman would have neglected to show her. What ticks me off is that even though I will be giving her a rundown on the car she ain't gonna let me drive it!!???:angry: What kinda friend is she? Still, I do get to drive around in a new 1.4 turbo. I have the 1.8 auto so this will be interesting to feel the difference in torque. I wish I was confident enough to pull the fuse on the ABS to really see what it doesn't and does do when you hammer the breaks.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just got back in the house from the session. There were a lot of things that the salesman hadn't shown her. We got out on the road and she engaged the ABS. Its funny how she did the same thing as me; took a couple of tries to actually engage them. You think you are hitting them hard enough but not even close.I remember at the driving school I went to that the instructor had to tell us we would win the car if we could snap the brake peddle off. Needless to say the shuddering feeling took her by surprise. And she has to take the car back in to get that grinding noise from the front suspension fixed. And yup, she loves the car.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts