1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
101 Posts
I'm not trying to jack the op's thread but I also have the pioneer "upgraded" system and while it tries very hard to be a decent system it doesn't really impress me all that much. I have only had my 2014 cruze for two months and already blew the right rear 6x9 sub. I would like to replace all the speakers with something decent, but keep the rest of the system stock. (maybe add a DSP) I'm open to any suggestions, budget is open for now.

·
Registered
379 Posts
I have the A-series up front. I got them for the high sensitivity rating and wide frequency range for the cost.

They are okay. Better than G-series Pioneers to be certain

I had a leftover set of Alpine SPS17C2s that I put in the rear doors. They've been out of production for awhile. To my ears, they sound better than the A-series Pioneers. I kinda' wish I had gone with a set of Alpine SPS610s

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I Don't want to win any competitions or anything just something to replace whats in there now, I kinda want to stick to pioneer because that's whats in it now. just to keep it looking stock

·
Registered
101 Posts
I Don't want to win any competitions or anything just something to replace whats in there now, I kinda want to stick to pioneer because that's whats in it now. just to keep it looking stock[/QUO

No matter what you put in it will still look stock. THat being said, What is your budget? If keeping stock we need to find very efficient speakers and while paper coned and foam surround speakers fit the application, they really do not hold up to the car environment.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts