Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Same **** thing happened to me. Had about 1,000 miles on mine. Tire was flat when I walked out the door from work. I just used the air compressor minus the fix-a-flat.

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
82 motorhome and 88 Supra still have full sized spares, the good old days. Claim these compact spares are only good for 50 miles. Wonder if a guy could get by with 51 miles.

With no more full service gas stations, seems like a tire dealer is the only option. And they all have banker hours. Do they call this moving forward? Ha, when I write my congressman, suggest we move backwards when this country was once great.

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Also in the good ole days with a full size spare, was easy to rotate tires. Only had to jack up one wheel at a time and put the spare in place always having a tire left over for the next wheel. Bit more difficult when you don't have that extra tire. Plus get a lot more tire life, you knew for the next time you purchased new tires, they would be different.

Only difficulty was cleaning that tire that now became the spare, didn't want to put that dirty thing in your clean trunk.

·
Registered
46 Posts
And not to mention these Goodyear Assurance Fuel Max tires are NOT as cheap as I thought! Had an issue yesterday for the 3rd time, figured let me take it to the tire place to see if maybe the last patch job was good. Turns out, they couldn't find a leak. But if the tire is on a certain spot (which I can't find), it loses air.

Then I figured let me get a quote on new tires.. they wanted $150 PER TIRE! (I'm sure I can get them online for less) I keep a 5 gallon portable air tank in my trunk, an air compressor (just in case), and I have a spare finally. If I'm to trade in my current Cruze and get another one, I am definitely checking off the "spare tire" option. It's such an inconvenience to not have one as of late. Especially with the quality of roads today.. (and by quality, I mean lack-thereof..)

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Only had a tire plugged once, never again. What was a tiny hole became a large hole, hit something on the road and ended up with a big split in that tire. If they can't vulcanize a patch on the inside, will walk away.

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Only had a tire plugged once, never again. What was a tiny hole became a large hole, hit something on the road and ended up with a big split in that tire. If they can't vulcanize a patch on the inside, will walk away.

·
10,712 Posts
Tire slime works wonders on tires they refuse to fix (Z rated) till they get mad the tire machine is covered in green **** when they break the tire open.

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
This thread is making me very happy to have spent the money to install the Cruze's spare tire in my ECO MT's trunk.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Been there. I think mine had 3000 on it and the tire was ruined. Glad I had a spare though.

What model is hers?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
'12 LS auto

Tire slime works wonders on tires they refuse to fix (Z rated) till they get mad the tire machine is covered in green **** when they break the tire open.
Fortunately I found a small nail hole dead center in the tread so it shouldn't be a problem to repair. And the new fix a flat stuff is supposed to wash right out with water.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts