Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
2,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I will keep this thread updated as I put more miles on the tires and weather conditions change.

I have a 1LT with the 16 inch rims.

I was in desperate need of some tires, my Firestone FR710's were only at 5/32 at 37k. I did some research and it came down to the Goodyear's or the Continental ExtremeContact DWS's. After reading a bunch of reviews stating that people were only getting around 30-40k or so with the Conti's, I chose the Goodyear's. People were at least getting 50k out of those. I have the V-rated ones with a 70,000 mile warranty.

Pros:
-Super quiet. I know that new tires are quiet, but these are unbelievable.
-Bumps. WOW. This literally changed the entire car, it literally feels like I'm riding in a Crown Vic, super smooth.
-Handling. Significant upgrade over the FR710's. Steering is way more responsive and I can zip around corners with ease. It doesn't have as much "roll" as before, that's for sure.
-Price. Affordable tire.
-UPDATE 8/2/16: Rain. WOW. It was a stupid way to find out, but 55 mph on Amish country poorly drained roads and the tire did amazing. At one point I hit standing water 2 inches deep and the car felt planted and in control. Great rain tire, the "fantail" I leave is quite amusing to see, they sure channel water good.
-SNOW UPDATE: Holy balls these tires are good. Wet, heavy snow you still slide around a bit, but no where near the level of the FR710's. However, when it got really cold today and the snow became "dryer", that's where the tires really shine. Traction for days. My car is almost a 4x4, Lol! Ice traction is surprisingly decent too, we didn't salt our lot the other day and I played around in it.

Now I'm not saying to go barreling around corners, but if you are looking for a true all-season tire, this definitely is the best choice. I wouldn't look anywhere else.

I think I have about 5-6k miles on them with no visible wear.

Cons:
-No change in fuel economy, I was hoping to get slightly better. Oh well.

I will keep the thread updated as I put more miles on the tires.

·
2,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It's supposed to rain this week, so hopefully I can get some miles in when it does.

·
2,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Haven't driven my car in 2 weeks with the transmission being garbage. I'll keep you all posted. Don't worry.

·
2,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Still good, quiet like they were new and no wear yet. I drive them hard around corners, found the breaking point the other day. Lol

No winter tests yet. I'll keep you posted.

Great tire.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

·
2,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
SNOW UPDATE:

Holy balls these tires are good. Wet, heavy snow you still slide around a bit, but no where near the level of the FR710's. However, when it got really cold today and the snow became "dryer", that's where the tires really shine. Traction for days. My car is almost a 4x4, Lol! Ice traction is surprisingly decent too, we didn't salt our lot the other day and I played around in it.

Now I'm not saying to go barreling around corners, but if you are looking for a true all-season tire, this definitely is the best choice. I wouldn't look anywhere else.

I think I have about 5-6k miles on them with no visible wear.

This post has also been added to the original post.

·
2,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I have not driven the Blizzaks, so I can't compare. But I can say they are night and day compared to the stock firestones.

·
2,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Update:

Tires are still like new with no visible wear and have not had one problem with them so far. We are supposed to get that giant snowstorm tonight and tomorrow, so I will keep you updated even further.

Reactions: dhpnet

·
2,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Never did get that giant snowstorm, so no update on that part.

Did get an oil change and an inspection today. All 4 tires are at 10/32.

Specs from the Goodyear website state that they come with 11/32, so I guess they did wear a little bit.

·
2,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
So basing it on your numbers, you should get about 50,000 miles or so out of them.
Which I think is pretty good considering they are abused around every corner.

·
2,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Actually, correction. I have over 10k on them, holy crap. I was just guesstimating.

Looked at my original post and it said I changed them around 37k, pulled in for lunch today and odometer is at 48,004.

Reactions: txcruze26
1 - 12 of 12 Posts