Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red, 1.4T Auto
12,421 Posts
SNOW UPDATE:

Holy balls these tires are good. Wet, heavy snow you still slide around a bit, but no where near the level of the FR710's. However, when it got really cold today and the snow became "dryer", that's where the tires really shine. Traction for days. My car is almost a 4x4, Lol! Ice traction is surprisingly decent too, we didn't salt our lot the other day and I played around in it.

Now I'm not saying to go barreling around corners, but if you are looking for a true all-season tire, this definitely is the best choice. I wouldn't look anywhere else.

I think I have about 5-6k miles on them with no visible wear.

This post has also been added to the original post.
Have you ever driven on Blizzaks? If so can you compare them? I know these are all season, but I am at a crossroads myself. I want to buy some LTZ 18" rims for summer and put snows on my 16's, but I have no 18's yet and my Firestones are almost dead. I really didn't want to buy everything at once, hence the question.:whatdoyouthink:

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,536 Posts
Have you ever driven on Blizzaks? If so can you compare them? I know these are all season, but I am at a crossroads myself. I want to buy some LTZ 18" rims for summer and put snows on my 16's, but I have no 18's yet and my Firestones are almost dead. I really didn't want to buy everything at once, hence the question.:whatdoyouthink:
One thing I can tell you about the 18s - the car will feel very different and you'll lose MPG. Much heavier wheel, more unsprung weight, and less sidewall to absorb bumps.

·
2,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Update:

Tires are still like new with no visible wear and have not had one problem with them so far. We are supposed to get that giant snowstorm tonight and tomorrow, so I will keep you updated even further.

Reactions: dhpnet

·
Premium Member
1,226 Posts
Thanks for the update. I'm down to 3/32 on the FR710s with only ~28K miles on them. Didn't last anywhere near as long as advertised by Chevrolet, and my commute is pretty tame on fairly good roads. They are getting very loud and definitely don't ride as nice anymore. I have had Firestones on other new GM cars, and they never last very long.

I have been considering the Goodyear Assurance Comfortred Touring. I have also been looking at the Conti PureContact with EcoPlus because of the excellent reviews and tests. Haven't made a final decision yet, but I will have to make one soon.

·
2,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Never did get that giant snowstorm, so no update on that part.

Did get an oil change and an inspection today. All 4 tires are at 10/32.

Specs from the Goodyear website state that they come with 11/32, so I guess they did wear a little bit.

·
Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red, 1.4T Auto
12,421 Posts
Never did get that giant snowstorm, so no update on that part.

Did get an oil change and an inspection today. All 4 tires are at 10/32.

Specs from the Goodyear website state that they come with 11/32, so I guess they did wear a little bit.
Whats the mileage on the tires?

·
2,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
So basing it on your numbers, you should get about 50,000 miles or so out of them.
Which I think is pretty good considering they are abused around every corner.

·
2,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Actually, correction. I have over 10k on them, holy crap. I was just guesstimating.

Looked at my original post and it said I changed them around 37k, pulled in for lunch today and odometer is at 48,004.

Reactions: txcruze26
21 - 31 of 31 Posts