Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't believe I didn't know about this. Sometimes when we talk about FE and ask about elevation change, it seemed like it was pretty much a guessing game except when there are visibly obvious hills w/o some sort of mapping app/tool/site or a GPS unit that logs and displays an elevation profile.

Well, I just learned from My Nissan Leaf Forum • View topic - South San Jose to Santa Cruz and back on a single charge, Google Earth has it built in.
That's from Google Earth. You can enter a route, then right-click on the 'route' entry in the left-hand side of the window and select 'Show Elevation Profile.' Very handy!
A screenshot of the profile is at Elevation Profile - Google Earth Help.

I just tried it out in the app and it works great! It also confirmed my suspicion about this one expressway having a gradual downhill slope when I go in a certain direction. When I go in that direction, I seem to get much better iMPG values than in the opposite.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.