Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...and so far I'm quite impressed with it.

Well guys, I recently started a new job and was offered a company car; I was initially supposed to be getting a Chevy Optra which I personally rank up there with the ugliest cars in today's world (sorry Optra owners). Long story short I ended up getting a 2012 Chevy Cruze LT with the 1.8L. I would also like to say that I lucked out BIG time in getting the Cruze and the way it all worked out makes me feel as if it was meant to be.

So onto the car and what came with it. It has a Taupe grey exterior (I think) with a half blue/ half black interior which I don't really like, but considering I escaped the Optra, I'm not complaining much :p

Here are some of the options/things that came with it:

-Push Start button (I love)
-Keyless entry (touch thing, which I absolutely love)
-Fog Lights
-Backup Sensors
-16" wheels (not too fond of)
-Power windows with express down/ driver's up
-Power mirrors
-6spd Automatic
-Auto Climate Control
-Cruise control
-Light in glove box (read something about it not being standard later on?)
-CD Player/AUX

Here are the things that I wished it had

-Bluetooth
-USB slot (mine is empty with only a cover)
-Leather steering wheel
-Bigger wheels

PROS:

-European like feel
-Firm ride
-Solid and firm handling (was very surprised with that, and can only imagine how it would handle with 17"s + lowered suspension)
-Interior is well designed
-Interior build quality is way better than anticipated (dash, buttons, etc)
-Surprisingly quiet
-A serious cruiser (low rpms, and easily cruises at 100mph)
-Brakes seem good so far from my little usage of them
-Responsive steering
-Aggressive front
-Hard seats and supportive enough
-Glove box doesn't feel cheap (caught my attention for some reason)
-Steering radius seems good
-Sound system surprised me as well. Not the best, but good enough for me
-Exterior mirror shape makes it easier for the blind spot
-Sliding arm rest - but a bit too small for my liking

Cons:

- A/C - woah, what's going on here? Takes a while to get cool, and can't handle 120F temps especially when idle. Does fine on highways. Very surprised with that.
- Engine seems a bit rough during WOT, hesitation while going through the revs, sort of bogging down. Are these my spark plugs?
- Gearbox - not sure if this is a con, but the gearbox in this car feels/switches very differently than other Auto's I've driven.
- Could use a bit more power, too bad we don't get the 1.4L T so that I can tune it.

The Verdict:

This is my first GM car and I'm quite impressed with it so far. Something about it makes it so easy to just get in it, switch it on, go get your things done and then get back home - a truly fantastic car in that regards. I didn't mention fuel because fortunately fuel is a non issue here in this country where it is cheaper than water. The build quality and ride are very important factors for me and the Cruze surpassed those with flying colors. The little options such as the push start buttons and keyless entry were all extras that make it all the better. I currently also drive my dad's SC Range Rover, and my tuned 2006 Saab 9-3 Aero, but when it's time to get up and go get things done, I choose the Cruze :)

Here are some (not so good quality) pics of my Cruze:

·
Administrator
15,750 Posts
Welcome!

At idle, the A/C compressor isn't used as much to conserve fuel. Put the car in recirculate air mode and set the fans to max speed if you need it cooler.

For the hesitation issue, check your spark plug gaps and re-gap them to at least .028. Many people have had great success at .035.

The gearbox is adaptive; it will learn your driving habits, but it takes a while.

Trifecta does offer a tune for the 1.8L.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Wow is the interior color on that ever ... odd; Especially with the grey around the center console /radio.

·
Registered
435 Posts
I love that blue! Wish my cruze came with it.

Congrats on the car, look around here. If applied correctly, you'll soak up a lot of useful information

·
Premium Member
2,243 Posts
Congratz on your car and welcome to the forum!

Sent from my DROID3

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys! I will see if I can check out my plugs today and report back here.

I think at first I was a bit annoyed with the blue but now I don't mind it that much and hopefully it will grow more on me as time goes on.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Guys i think the blue interior is made only in Korea factory as my car has the blue interior too (made in Korea) and i love it..

Vector-SS, i'd like to ask how much did you buy the car in SAR? i live in Dubai and the dealers here never brought LT or a Cruze with push start button or keyless entry like you have in ur Cruze, i always asked them these features and they kept saying they will ask to bring but they cant promise, but i couldnt wait longer so i got the LS with all the features that you've got but only the first 2 (push start and keyless entry) and the auto climate control.. the price was 61K AED, and i would love to know what is the price of your Cruze..

and btw my Cruze is 2011 and the engine is 1.8 L

Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I really don't know what the outright purchase price is for it because the company is leasing it for me. Though I know that they pay 2200k SAR per month for lease. A friend told me that my Cruze costs 58k SAR, but I'm not sure which trim he was referring to. I will try to see if I can find some information for you.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I really don't know what the outright purchase price is for it because the company is leasing it for me. Though I know that they pay 2200k SAR per month for lease. A friend told me that my Cruze costs 58k SAR, but I'm not sure which trim he was referring to. I will try to see if I can find some information for you.
Thank you! but if the price is really 58k, i would probably destroy the dealer that i bought from! lol

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
58K SAR = 15,400 US dollars. Fair price for a reasonably loaded LS.

·
Resident Derp
2,806 Posts
If you're finding the auto tranny a little hesitant, try using manumatic. Just, get a little practice in to learn the engine before you go all out with it.

oh and for the 1.8L;

2nd gear redlines around 30-35mph(rough guess, I don't pay enough attention to know this rl by heart)
3rd gear redlines around 55-60mph
4th gear redlines around 80-85mph
5th gear doesn't redline, but it stops pulling around 105-110mph

If you're going uphill on an incline greater than 3%, subtract 10 mph from each.

·
Premium Member
5,002 Posts
Wait a 1.8 with push start, touch entry, back up sensors and cruise control? Only in (insert country other than US). Why do we get the short end, it's a Chevy?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts