Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am sure that by now, most if us have received the NoX sensor recall notice within the past month. Many have gotten it fixed already. Well, today I got another different , recall notice today indicating that if I got a certain CEL that I need to advise my dealer and bring in the vehicle. Funny thing is, unless you gave an obd2 reader, you won't know the CEL number you got. Regardless, CTD Gen 1 going to dealer for third recall now within 1 year. Sunroof, sensor and now CEL.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
I am sure that by now, most if us have received the NoX sensor recall notice within the past month. Many have gotten it fixed already. Well, today I got another different , recall notice today indicating that if I got a certain CEL that I need to advise my dealer and bring in the vehicle. Funny thing is, unless you gave an obd2 reader, you won't know the CEL number you got. Regardless, CTD Gen 1 going to dealer for third recall now within 1 year. Sunroof, sensor and now CEL.
That last one isn't a recall, it's extended warranty to 10 years/120K miles for the particulate sensor. OnStar can read codes, or most auto parts stores for free, an OBD code reader can be had pretty cheap, some use Bluetooth to your smartphone app. Any emissions code will be under the OBD 2 interface. What was the sunroof issue? Didn't get that one. Mine is a 2015, perhaps just 2014??

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
I should point out the volume of recalls for GM is high, but that is in large part to them being proactive after the ignition switch debacle. In contrast VW has a horrible HPFP that they refuse to fix, and we know about the emissions cheat. Chrysler had a pretty bad reputation with recalls, late and often with big delays for parts. I've been generally impressed with GM of recent years with being proactive for recalls.

·
Registered
175 Posts
What was the sunroof issue? Didn't get that one. Mine is a 2015, perhaps just 2014??
In my recollection: It was something about the sunroof potentially cracking. Owners of cars built within a specific time period were asked to come in and have a clearance measurement done on the sunroof. If it was out of tolerance it would be repaired.

I'm actually happy about this car. It runs well and is a solid car. Any problem I have had has been taken care of immediately. I have had the computer flashed in order to correct a dead spot in the middle of the steering travel and another flash to address the NOx sensor when it initially threw the code. I'll bring it in sometime in the future to have them do the actual recall work for the NOx sensor. I hope to be driving it for at least a decade.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That last one isn't a recall, it's extended warranty to 10 years/120K miles for the particulate sensor. OnStar can read codes, or most auto parts stores for free, an OBD code reader can be had pretty cheap, some use Bluetooth to your smartphone app. Any emissions code will be under the OBD 2 interface. What was the sunroof issue? Didn't get that one. Mine is a 2015, perhaps just 2014??

2015 had bad sunroof glass that was replaced in addition to the rubber trim surrounding it. My 2015 had it replaced. It was a recall on certain 15s.

Reactions: MRO1791

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Ahhh, I remember something about sunroof glass, I guess it was a batch of glass from the supplier and mine wasn't affected. It was a later in the year produced car, April if I recall correctly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts