Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
B2AAA - Body
P0106 - Powertrain Manifold Aboslute Pressure/ Barametric Pressure Circuit Range/Performance Problem
P2270 - Powertrain O2 Sensor Signal Stuck Lean bank1 Sensor2
P0171 - Powertrain System too Lean (Bank1)
P1101 - Powertrain No GM description

Coming out of the hospital tonight after getting my MRI and wouldn't you know it my check engine light came on.
Put my reader on it after I got home and got the codes above.

Found another thread that had similar codes and Robby suggested it was the pcv valve and the P0171 is the main code but the original poster never bothered coming back and explaining the solution.

It was dark out so I didn't open the hood and I was just plain tired. Going to take it to the dealer first thing in the morning since I am at 59600 miles and need an oil change, tire rotation, and state/federal inspection so hopefully they can fit me in if I say pretty please with sugar on it.

My wife has been diagnosed with breast cancer and is currently undergoing radiation and my daughter is going away to college in three weeks and my work is crushing me right now so I guess it is true when it rains it pours. So I will have to pay for the repairs because I literally just don't have time for anything right now. My sanity these days is coming to this forum before bedtime and reading how people fix their cruzen. :)

Car runs bad at idle like it wants to die but never did but runs okay when going normal speed at higher rpms.
It did sound weird at idle like a sucking sound so I have a feeling it is the pcv on the cam cover. I will do the check in the morning and hopefully my check valve is still there in the intake it was in April when I last checked.

I can't find anything on the B2AAA code.

It's a 2011 1LT bought brand new and still with the original pcv and intake manifold. No mods all original just all Amosil fluids.
So any helpful information would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
5,535 Posts
P0171 is likely the primary code with the others being resultant.

Obviously a wag based on previous experience, this points to a failed burst valve (cam cover) that may be a result of the check valve failing in the intake manifold.
Replacing the cover (if it failed) will generally restore normal operation but if the check valve (part of the intake manifold) failed as well, the burst valve (cover) will have a relatively short lifespan before it fails again.

Make it clear to the repair shop that if the cover failed you expect a close examination of the check valve to prevent a premature failure.

Sounds like you have a ton of snisnik on your plate......the car stuff is just icing on the cake.

Darkest before Dawn....hang in there,

Rob

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
P0171 is likely the primary code with the others being resultant.

Obviously a wag based on previous experience, this points to a failed burst valve (cam cover) that may be a result of the check valve failing in the intake manifold.
Replacing the cover (if it failed) will generally restore normal operation but if the check valve (part of the intake manifold) failed as well, the burst valve (cover) will have a relatively short lifespan before it fails again.

Make it clear to the repair shop that if the cover failed you expect a close examination of the check valve to prevent a premature failure.

Sounds like you have a ton of snisnik on your plate......the car stuff is just icing on the cake.

Darkest before Dawn....hang in there,

Rob
Thanks for the reply Robby. I am at the dealer waiting now they were able to fit me in. I did the pvc test while waiting for the dealer to open and yep it is sucking air. I also looked for the check valve in the manifold but I didn't have anything to wipe the oil away - just a flashlight - but it looked like it was there - actually didn't look too dirty in there but could not say for certain the check valve was there. So we will see and will keep this thread updated.

·
Premium Member
2,697 Posts
What Robby said...spot on. With emphasis on the 'dark before dawn'.

Hope the dealer gets you done right and back on the road!

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the reply guys - dealer took care of me they replaced the intake manifold and valve/cam cover. as usual this forum rocks. only drove it home from the hospital last night and to the dealer this morning for a total of maybe 10 miles with check engine light so hopefully all the other seals and other stuff didn't get damaged. dealer said I should be fine and I didn't damage anything else in the motor by driving it.

·
Premium Member
5,535 Posts
Thanks for the reply guys - dealer took care of me they replaced the intake manifold and valve/cam cover. as usual this forum rocks. only drove it home from the hospital last night and to the dealer this morning for a total of maybe 10 miles with check engine light so hopefully all the other seals and other stuff didn't get damaged. dealer said I should be fine and I didn't damage anything else in the motor by driving it.

I'm confident there is no additional damage.......with any luck the other worries will get straightened out soon.

Thanks for the follow up.

Rob

1 - 6 of 6 Posts