Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There insurance will be covering any damages due to it being their fault, I loved my baby cruze and I’m so worried I’m going to have to find one similar, Whats yalls thought?

·
Premium Member
2013 Cruze LT
3,763 Posts
Not enough of the car is really shown IMO.

Reactions: Diamond193

·
Premium Member
2,265 Posts
With the wheel shifted like that I have my doubts.

This looks like a head on right onto the left front tire. Ideally all your suspension and drive line components will shear off. Thus saving the more critical components. But in my experience this isn’t usually the case. So we’re talking new steering rack, new wheel bearings, new LCA, bushings, rebend frame mounts, CVs, and some transmission seals. That’s thousands right there and we haven’t even got to the body work.

·
Registered
2012 Cruze Eco 6 Speed
666 Posts
I would think theyd total that

·
Registered
2012 Cruze Eco 6 Speed
666 Posts
There insurance will be covering any damages due to it being their fault, I loved my baby cruze and I’m so worried I’m going to have to find one similar, Whats yalls thought? View attachment 289037
Welcome to the forum sorry for your loss

·
Registered
195 Posts
With all the plastic and crumple zones.in todays' cars,..a simple fender bender gets turned into a total loss. Insurance companies work with numbers. Plain and simple. If the cost to repair the damage is more than the car is worth...or maybe even a certain (high) percentage of what the car is worth...they total it.

g'luck !

·
Super Moderator
5,194 Posts
Was the air bag deployed? Really not enough to tell based on insurance company and age and mileage. I would say if iit is currently not driveable, probably so.

·
Registered
373 Posts
If the airbags didnt deploy then more than likely it could be repaired.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Was the air bag deployed? Really not enough to tell based on insurance company and age and mileage. I would say if iit is currently not driveable, probably so.
Airbag wasn’t deployed! Everyone was shocked it didn’t! It’s a 2014 with 90,000 miles

·
Premium Member
2013 Cruze LT
3,763 Posts
Yes. Unfortunately I think the insurance company will deem it a total loss at that age.
Yep, I would start shopping around.

Reactions: Diamond193

·
Premium Member
882 Posts
I'm curious ... how did your car end up sideways like that in the gas station fastwanabe? Condolences to both of the losses in these photos. Crazy spooky how the damage in the images looks very similar. I'd be truly sad if I lost my Cruze ... it's so much fun to drive, and mpg is AWESOME. (I actually miss my '12 Eco/6mt sometimes too though).

·
Registered
10 Posts
I got rear-ended in my 2015 LT sedan a couple years ago...I went entirely through the SOB's insurance company since it was his fault all the way...he was with "the General"...my car was meticulous throughout before it got hit...his agent told me that they may decide to total it out...I said no way in hell...they ended up sinking $7500 into the repair plus my rent-a-car expense for nearly 5 weeks...try standing your ground if you really want to try & save your car...luckily my frame wasn't damaged...but that unibody construction in the tail end isn't easy to put back together...sorry you're going through this crap....

·
Premium Member
3,298 Posts
I got rear-ended in my 2015 LT sedan a couple years ago...I went entirely through the SOB's insurance company since it was his fault all the way...he was with "the General"...my car was meticulous throughout before it got hit...his agent told me that they may decide to total it out...I said no way in hell...they ended up sinking $7500 into the repair plus my rent-a-car expense for nearly 5 weeks...try standing your ground if you really want to try & save your car...luckily my frame wasn't damaged...but that unibody construction in the tail end isn't easy to put back together...sorry you're going through this crap....
When I see a insurance card from the general or direct auto I cringe.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts