Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Banned
2,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered my first set of vent shades from a authorized seller and I got those in and looked them over a bit and installed them. A few days later I went to clean my windows and noticed 2 of the vent shades were cracked where they go in between the window and seal. I called Lund International and we went through a warranty process and had a new set sent out. I get that set in and I was pissed. I took them out of the box and was just getting ready to cut the plastic wrap off to get the vent visors out and I noticed a piece of the vent shades rolling around in the package. I thought to myself "this can't be good". I opened the package and seen what I didn't want to see. All the visors were completely broke except one. I called Lund again and raised ****. They knew I wasn't happy..so they sent out another set and included a free hood aeroskin. I get those in and there were scratches all over both parts. I called them again and told them I don't want even one scratch on a single part. So they are supposed to be sending me another vent visor in channel set and a hood aeroskin. So we will see what they change or do different. The woman that handles warranty told me she will have a certified technician inspect each part and verify it is free of defects before they go out and they will try and wrap each part in bubble wrap. That was my suggestion in the first place. Hopefully I get good ones this time because I'm tired of playing these games. I'll report back with an update when I get them.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Banned
2,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Banned
2,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Administrator
15,765 Posts
Sounds like a company with absolutely terrible quality control. 3 strikes would normally be enough for me to where I'd be sending it all back and demanding a refund.
I'd like to know why packaging a product requires a certified technician.

·
Premium Member
6,917 Posts
A few weeks back I ordered Weathertech window visors(front windows only), they were here undamaged & took under 5 days(company is located just outside Chicago). Was suprised how thick the plastic is compared to other brands. Some I have seen are so thin and sharp you can cut your self on the edge. These have nice rounded edges.

The weathertech ones say made in germany, mabe they are made of a higher quality plastic?

·
Banned
2,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I sold the hood aeroskin to my friend for her cruze...and I plan on selling this next one to make a few bucks. I'll probably post it for sale on here of anyone is interested.

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
This guy over here complaining about a scratched vent visor while my car is in the dealer with the trans torn apart after only 2,000 miles...

·
Banned
2,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This guy over here complaining about a scratched vent visor while my car is in the dealer with the trans torn apart after only 2,000 miles...
Hey...60.00 is alot of money to me so I'll complain all I want. Especially when I don't make alot of it in the first place. I'm just happy and glad I don't have to buy another after another. So I'm not complaining that much to be honest Bec I know I'll be taken care of from the manufacturer.

Reactions: obermd

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
Hey...60.00 is alot of money to me so I'll complain all I want. Especially when I don't make alot of it in the first place. I'm just happy and glad I don't have to buy another after another. So I'm not complaining that much to be honest Bec I know I'll be taken care of from the manufacturer.

I'm just messing with you. Cheers!

·
Banned
2,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It's like trevor_geiger said in this thread....they could of said your **** out of luck and piss on it. I'm glad that's not what happened.

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,273 Posts
Buy cheap buy twice .. or in your case 5 times has to be a charm ... and when the next pair disintegrate , look for a more reputable brand !

Reactions: Starks8

·
Banned
2,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Buy cheap buy twice .. or in your case 5 times has to be a charm ... and when the next pair disintegrate , look for a more reputable brand !
I don't think LUND is a bad brand at all, so that has nothing to do with it in my book. I think its some people being completely careless of how they handle the parts when they set stuff on top of them that will break them or they throw them around and scratch the **** out of em. I talked to the manager at lund international in Buford, GA and he told me that every part is visually inspected when it comes out of the machine when its made and packaged. What happens to it after its shipped out is beyond their control. So our only explanation is the carrier whether its fedex or ups.

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,273 Posts
What happens to PVC , Visqueen , Plastic at very low Temperatures ?

In there lies the answer to the dilemna of yours !

·
Premium Member
916 Posts
IThe woman that handles warranty told me she will have a certified technician inspect each part and verify it is free of defects before they go out and they will try and wrap each part in bubble wrap.

I guess this means that the 8 year Chinese kid making them will be told to check his work or his sister will be sold to the sex traders. :)

Yes. I know that Lund is an American Company and they produce in the states. But with such poor quality control...you have to start wondering exactly what is going on in that building.

·
Registered
490 Posts
I had a pair of Lund on my Chevy Metro for 12 year and never had a problem with them. Well one, the tape on the passengers side by the fender was starting to come off.

Depends on how much you want for the hood aeroskin I might be interested in them.

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Wife asked me what I wanted for Christmas and my birthday. How about nothing, anything you buy today gives more grief and problems. Ha, nothing doesn't give you more problems. Already have enough problems, don't need anymore.

My 49 year old Made in the USA air compressor gave me problems last year, the original belt stretched out so couldn't adjust it any more. This I could live with. 52 year old DeWatt radial saw, never gave me problems, just have to oil it now and then. My 1963 Zenith short wave radio still works. Etc.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts