Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well once again I have been dealing with a egt sensor issue and just been dealing with it (been getting tired replacing sensors) the wife used my car while I did her brakes guess what she "broke" down

she got the reduced power message and then while driving she got an engine shutdown message while the car shut down

not for nothing she said she barely had time to move over this is really getting to me my 2004 Dakota with 200k hasent given me issues like this my old 250k Subaru same

·
Registered
791 Posts
Well once again I have been dealing with a egt sensor issue and just been dealing with it (been getting tired replacing sensors) the wife used my car while I did her brakes guess what she "broke" down

she got the reduced power message and then while driving she got an engine shutdown message while the car shut down

not for nothing she said she barely had time to move over this is really getting to me my 2004 Dakota with 200k hasent given me issues like this my old 250k Subaru same
can`t blame GM for the speed restrictions, new regulations forced on them by dumb ass government.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oilburner I understand the speed restriction BUT an ENGINE shutdown while driving that's was insane the only that kept my wife safe me teaching her things if not she would have been in the drive lanes on a major highway

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts

This is the first I've heard of an "engine shutdown message". Do you have any more specifics on this? What's your plan of attach, dealer visit? I am very interested to learn more about this issue.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Engine shutdown is insane!! What if your in the far left lane on a 8 lane stretch of highway and no one lets you back in time.
GM had better fix this pronto for all our cars.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Engine shutdown is the computer telling you to shut off the car, it doesn't actually kill the engine.

I experienced this with my diesel after the dealership messed up my oil change and it resulted in getting a new SCR.

It went into this mode and the car was dead, I mean it would BARELY move, but the engine physically kept running until I shut it off once I got off the road.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No the engine shutdown not telling her to turn it off but it DID turn off

miltownsho you sure you didn't go into "reduced power" mode thas a totally different

·
Registered
13 Posts
If you are getting EGT codes and regularly replacing sensors you have a problem with the car that needs to be fixed, not parts thrown at it. You likely either have a wiring issue, dpf issue causing an exhaust restriction, or ECM failure. The best thing you can do is to have it scanned and see what is going on when that occurs. There is a shutdown programmed into the car which comes in with the EGT showing temps high enough to cause a fire.

·
Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts

Hello mr overkill,

I apologize for the delay in our response and we regret to hear about this recent experience regarding your Cruze. Have you had your dealership diagnose this concern yet? I'd welcome the opportunity to reach out to your dealership on your behalf to assist in facilitating an appointment. If interested, please private message us with your VIN, full contact information, current mileage, and preferred dealership to proceed.

Sincerely,

Chelsea D.
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
DING DING DING ZIPPY you hit the nail on the head lolol the egt threw a code due to high egt temps.

and also king the issues I am getting are common sensor issues and unfortunately gm does not cover these as warranty issues so each

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
so each time I am on my own.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
and as to the dealer each time I mention the cruze is a diesel the price automatically DOUBLES oil changes oh its a diesel its 99.00 oh its a diesel for a trans service its double blah blah blah

·
Premium Member
2,974 Posts
Dude it seems your dealer is a sham. time for you to get your RO's from them and take business elsewhere. you realize buick dealers can service your car too

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I replaced those bolts when the thread started. so far im at 50k miles and i have had the car from new 4/14 and i have had 2 o2 sensors (had to argue for the 2nd) a particulate filter sensor (not a emission part yet it monitors particulate ) and now a egt sensor. I was excited to look forward to a 2500 diesel silverado next summer but this car has left me with reliability doubts.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I replaced those bolts when the thread started. so far im at 50k miles and i have had the car from new 4/14 and i have had 2 o2 sensors (had to argue for the 2nd) a particulate filter sensor (not a emission part yet it monitors particulate ) and now a egt sensor. I was excited to look forward to a 2500 diesel silverado next summer but this car has left me with reliability doubts.

X2, I don't take my wife's advice to get another Toyota or Lexus and am now paying for it with frequent visits to dealer for repairs. 94 degrees F here today with 100% humidity and ac goes out. Go to dealer, they are out of loaner cars because according to service writer, they have so many cars in for repairs. Oh joy!! Head service writer advises that frequent regens are " normal" according to GM corporate. Might as well get used to that too!! So, now I am stuck with no AC and frequent regens.

·
Premium Member
2,974 Posts
^^^^ again bad dealer, take your business elsewhere. when we are out of loaners gm pays for a hertz loaner and we drop you off at the hertz lot

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
So for shits i took out the "2 egt sensor man was it PACKED with soot i cleaned it out and also took out the #1 egt sensor as well was just as packed up then i started the car and gave it a few revs man did a cloud come out finished cleaning the sendors and reinstalled and reset the light so far so good

Reactions: money_man

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Nope didnt help time to get a new sensor back to square one

1 - 20 of 26 Posts