Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Governor Strickland has joined with GM to launch Cruze at Lordstown plant, Ohio in unveiling Chevy Cruze.

Governor Strickland joins GM in launching the Chevy Cruze at Lordstown Plant

I don’t like to run a press release, but I admit that this one is chock full of good quotes. Today, Governor Strickland joined Senator Sherrod Brown, Congressman Tim Ryan and Lt. Governor Lee Fisher in welcoming the roll out of the Chevy Cruze at GM’s Lordstown Plant. Strickland points out that if the Republicans running this election had their way, these manufacturing jobs wouldn’t exist:

“You know the critics out there, they’re always quick with a complaint and firm in their conclusions,” Strickland said. "Frankly, they’ve long since written off manufacturing in Ohio. They say it has no future here. They’ve written off General Motors, they’ve written off this Valley, they’ve written off this plant, and they’ve written off the hardworking men and women of Ohio. But to every naysayer out there planning to meekly surrender our future, let me say this: Look at this car made in Ohio by Ohioans. When I look at new products like the Chevy Cruze, built by the skilled workers of our state, I know Ohio is just getting started.”

“I learned a long time ago that you can never count out the Mahoning Valley. Because the only thing stronger than Valley steel are Valley people,” Strickland added. "Every recession hits this Valley hard. But with every hit, the Valley rises again. And now thousands of Ohioans will rise each day to make great new cars in this plant.”

In February, Strickland and GM announced the creation of 1,200 new jobs to support production of the Cruze. Production of the Cruze began at the Lordstown Complex when autoworkers returned for the traditional July 4 shutdown. The Lordstown Complex employs 4,500 people and has produced more than 14 million vehicles since 1966, making it one of the most productive automotive facilities in the world.

Production of the Chevrolet Cruze also benefits facilities across Ohio. The engine blocks are made in Defiance; dozens of components for the Cruze are stamped in Parma; transmissions are produced in Toledo; and numerous other suppliers in the Valley and across the state contribute parts to the Cruze.
via: Governor Strickland joins GM in launching the Chevy Cruze at Lordstown Plant

·
Registered
240 Posts
i think its just a publicity stunt by the governor. if any credit should be given it should to gm. they were the ones the kept the plant in ohio. at least with other states they clearly say all the incentives that they offered the car manufacturer so that they would keep the plant there. in this instance not one mention of any incentives from the government which leads me to believe that regardless of what the governor did they still wouldve made the cruze there.

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts