Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
10,712 Posts
These appear to be precut and only order 1 as the front and back ones are different sizes. Normally a roll of vinyl is about $12 locally if you want to cut and trace on your own for cheap with plenty of material to trial and error with. I just had that color on the rental but can't tell you which one.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea that is why i ask. i originally bought chrome 4x8 inch peices for 2.00$ on ebay. But i dont like the crhome. Plus It looks like foil. Its looks nice in the back kinda but the front is just too big/too much for the chrome. And i know i could get a better deal on ebay but they dont have the perefect blue to match like this site does.

What i meant by issues putting it on is this i took pics of the chrome check it out. I did the back twice and keep gettin this bubble in the top due to the curvature of the bowtie. But its not a bubble you can pop b/c it goes right up the the top. I could slit it but then would see an overlapping line. Thats why i want to hear frome someone who has ordered from here and if its precut and how they put it on(start in middle? or on one side and go to other?) if they have this bubble issues as well??
Automotive exterior Bumper Vehicle Car Trunk

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes washed with dawn dish soap which is a strong super degreaser. And then rubbing alcoholed it.

I know ive seen cars on here with the blue bowtie to match the car???? Blue topaz = electric blue metalic?????? ANYONE????

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I know ive seen cars on here with the blue bowtie to match the car???? Blue topaz = electric blue metalic?????? ANYONE???? Are they pre cut? How did you put it on apply from side to side? or start in the middle?

·
Registered
270 Posts
I ordered from ebay and it is 3M tape basically. they have every color under the sun. it came precut and was easy to put on straight, they cut the top ever so slightly different, which allows for the curve, and you put the middle down first and smooth it outwards. easy peasy. and it was $3.

Attachments

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I ordered from ebay and it is 3M tape basically. they have every color under the sun. it came precut and was easy to put on straight, they cut the top ever so slightly different, which allows for the curve, and you put the middle down first and smooth it outwards. easy peasy. and it was $3.
Could not find the Blue topaz metalic on ebay. I want a precut too.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
I just order Electric Blue Metalic from Grafx. Better be the right color. 14$ with shipping just for the front SMH a little steep but at least its precut and should match perfect(i hope, nobody confirmed anything for me). When filling out payment form it gives you the check box to choose your color. Chose the Electric. But it also asks you in another section for your year and color of your car(manually typed in). I put Blue Topaz Metalic.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So just to let anyone else know Electric blue is the color to order if you have blue topaz car. Looks good. Although they charge 3$ for shipping and then send it in an envelope with a 45 cent stamp. As if they arent charging enough for a little sticker. SMH.

Here what it looks like..

Flag Font Electric blue
Text Font Document Paper

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Says to start from the left side.?? Merc did you apply one of these from grafix? The weird instruction i dont get is, says once you get to middle of bowtie to mist with water and will not affect the adhesive.

·
10,712 Posts
Says to start from the left side.?? Merc did you apply one of these from grafix? The weird instruction i dont get is, says once you get to middle of bowtie to mist with water and will not affect the adhesive.
No I made my own. Starting from the center if done right ensures the bow tie is centered right before you already applied it to the surface and see a alignment issues. Are they saying go dry or use a soapy water solution to help you align it better and a source of heat to dry/form it? Either method still clean the area before doing it.

When I did mine I cut a rectangle and allied it dry from the center using the applicator to smooth it out. I did it a few times on other cars so going dry worked out for me. After I smoothed out the vinyl I cut it with a new razor(or razor sharp object).

I seen a few people post on the FB group there was gold showing when they applied that one. Reason I asked if you guys are centering it out or starting from the left. Here is my hand cut(traced) Bow ties up close. Pics are salty but i'll try and get some better ones today or tomorrow.

Front

Back

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Just wanted to say my install is complete. Now that it is on the car i can definately tell the color doesnt match perfectly. My borther actaully is the one who pointed it out. Its definately lighter in color. But its pretty close and i dont think youll find anything closer. When your in the full sun you can tell a little bit but whose staring at your bowtie ya know? He knew b/c i showed him it before i put it on. Also said to mist and wont affect the adhesive. I misted it and the bottom wouldnt stick at all. I wouldnt recommend misting it. I was pretty angry afterall they charge me 15$ for a sticker. I had to put clear caulk that i had on hand underneath it and smooth it out. It worked. SMH.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts