Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
10,711 Posts
These appear to be precut and only order 1 as the front and back ones are different sizes. Normally a roll of vinyl is about $12 locally if you want to cut and trace on your own for cheap with plenty of material to trial and error with. I just had that color on the rental but can't tell you which one.

·
10,711 Posts
Sometimes it's the temps, how it's applied and quality of the vinyl. The bow tie and the crevice was cleaned and dry before applying; No wax in there?

·
10,711 Posts
Says to start from the left side.?? Merc did you apply one of these from grafix? The weird instruction i dont get is, says once you get to middle of bowtie to mist with water and will not affect the adhesive.
No I made my own. Starting from the center if done right ensures the bow tie is centered right before you already applied it to the surface and see a alignment issues. Are they saying go dry or use a soapy water solution to help you align it better and a source of heat to dry/form it? Either method still clean the area before doing it.

When I did mine I cut a rectangle and allied it dry from the center using the applicator to smooth it out. I did it a few times on other cars so going dry worked out for me. After I smoothed out the vinyl I cut it with a new razor(or razor sharp object).

I seen a few people post on the FB group there was gold showing when they applied that one. Reason I asked if you guys are centering it out or starting from the left. Here is my hand cut(traced) Bow ties up close. Pics are salty but i'll try and get some better ones today or tomorrow.

Front

Back

1 - 6 of 6 Posts