Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, so I just received tail light and badge overlays from Grafxwerks. I would like to install these but the temperature outside is pretty chilly (in the low 40s high today and tomorrow and much colder later in the week). So my first question is, has anyone installed these in colder weather? Will they hold up or will a blow dryer work? I would also thinking I could pull the tail lights off and apply them inside and just put them back on, but I have no idea how to pull the inner lights off. I've already switched out all my brake/running bulbs for LED's but that didn't require pulling the inner tails off. And sadly I can't find any instructions on line on that.

Any suggestions would be nice!

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,273 Posts
Search the How to forum . I think there is a thread there that details the process of removing the tail lights .

·
Registered
490 Posts
I haven't installed those ones before, but have installed more decals then what I want to remember onto vehicles. As long as the temp isn't under freezing it should be fine. Just make sure the area is cleaned off well.

·
Registered
273 Posts
You can use a hair dryer to heat up the area and the graphic to make it a little more forgiving. Like above make sure the area is clean. Wipe it down with isopropyl alcohol, let dry and apply.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So I put them on Monday, used the hair dry and did everything as instructed. It's not perfect, a little wrinkled up close but I think it looks good. I have to get some pictures for you guys. After two days and chilly weather, they aren't coming up. So far so good. Thanks everyone.

·
Lyrical Wordsmith
6,748 Posts
So I put them on Monday, used the hair dry and did everything as instructed. It's not perfect, a little wrinkled up close but I think it looks good. I have to get some pictures for you guys. After two days and chilly weather, they aren't coming up. So far so good. Thanks everyone.
Mine also had some bubbles but it went away after awhile :) Post up some pics of the results

·
Registered
490 Posts
So that people know for next time, you can also apply them using the "wet" method. Spray the vehicle down with some water and then try to put the graphics on. You'll have to make sure that when you run you finger or whatever you're using to press them into place, that you get all the water out from behind.

Doing this will help you get them in the right place and also if you do have a bubble, you can lift it off and reapply without hurting the graphics and losing any of the glue.

A quick vid of what I mean.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKHmyhm7Ubo

1 - 9 of 9 Posts