Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, just joined and I'm looking to do a few things to my Cruze to start off. I've done quite a lot of reading on the forum and had a question:

To those of you who have the vinyl overlay on your Chevy emblem...how is the overlay holding up? I think the "body color" emblem looks good, but I was wondering how they hold up. Any peeling, cracking, or fading? Also, I read that one person's overlay showed gold through it. Is this how everyones is?

Just wanting some feedback before I jump onboard.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,020 Posts
Had mine for several weeks. Still going strong. Be sure you clean the surface with 91% alcohol and I would recommend (depending on what material you get) using a heat gun or hair dryer to help it mold. I did mine when it was 120* outside so I didn't need the heat gun.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Have had mine on for about 6 months now. Front is a little tattered but I put it on improperly. Back, on the other hand, looks awesome. 0 wear on it at all. As mentioned before, just make sure the surface is nice and clean and use a heat gun or blow dryer now that its starting to cool out.

As for washing... I wash my car once or twice a week!

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
Registered
337 Posts
I have front and back (i recommend getting the bubble version of the back one, it's 3D instead of flat)

The front one is very thin so be careful when you are putting it on, it can tear if you're not careful (i ripped the corner on my first try)

I've had mine since august 2011 and they are holding up fine except the front one is starting to fade. I got white though, I plan to change them to black.

·
Premium Member
2,020 Posts
I have front and back but also did my steering wheel. The steering wheel looks like junk because it isn't a smooth surface. I'm going to plastidip the steering wheel emblem soon.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts