Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Those seem like standard rebates to me. Standard pricing in general, especially for an LS.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Libertyville Chevrolet is a Bait and Switch dealership. You will not qualify for any of there online prices. Been there before and walked out. Phillips Chevrolet in Frankfort ,Illinois online prices are good for anyone that walks into their dealership.

·
Premium Member
881 Posts
All dealerships are guilty of posting a nice low price for ONE specific car of a certain model ... cruze for example. Once that one vehicle is sold, they try to sell you a higher priced one that they have on their lot. The fine print always lists a specific stock number ... and quite often, that vehicle isn't even there anymore by the time the ad is delivered in a newspaper or on a TV commercial. Dealers really get you going on the Volt, when they advertise the price as nice and low, but then in the fine print, that advertised price includes the federal tax credit you'll get when you file taxes for the tax year you purchased the vehicle in. I don't think that should be legal at all ... but many dealerships out there do it.

·
Registered
116 Posts
All dealerships are guilty of posting a nice low price for ONE specific car of a certain model ... cruze for example. Once that one vehicle is sold, they try to sell you a higher priced one that they have on their lot. The fine print always lists a specific stock number ... and quite often, that vehicle isn't even there anymore by the time the ad is delivered in a newspaper or on a TV commercial. Dealers really get you going on the Volt, when they advertise the price as nice and low, but then in the fine print, that advertised price includes the federal tax credit you'll get when you file taxes for the tax year you purchased the vehicle in. I don't think that should be legal at all ... but many dealerships out there do it.
They do not do this at Phillips.

·
Premium Member
881 Posts
They do not do this at Phillips.
Of course they do ... that’s why they have multiple Cruze LS for sale with the exact same options and starting MSRP, but different listed “our price” for them. Dealerships also have “one off” manufacturer rebates for a single vehicle on their lot that is not transferable to any other car, and they can’t get another one of those rebates until the current car with that rebate is sold. Trust me ... EVERY dealership does it, because it comes down from the manufacturer, not the individual dealership.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Of course they do ... that’s why they have multiple Cruze LS for sale with the exact same options and starting MSRP, but different listed “our price” for them. Dealerships also have “one off” manufacturer rebates for a single vehicle on their lot that is not transferable to any other car, and they can’t get another one of those rebates until the current car with that rebate is sold. Trust me ... EVERY dealership does it, because it comes down from the manufacturer, not the individual dealership.
Maybe you do not understand ENGLISH, I have purchased 5 cars at PHILLIPS CHEVROLET in the past 10 years. The price that they list online is the price you are quoted when you walk through their doors. No Bait and switch. 100 percent proof positive.Nothing to qualify for. They are the largest volume dealer in the state of Illinois.

·
Premium Member
5,638 Posts
Thats a good deal back in 2014.
Well not really, from the previous posts this 2014 was purchased Brand New in 2017. Considering the Model Year value depreciation and the wear & tear on the lot, and the fact that 2018's are starting from $14,000 (price good at least through 4/30/18) that might have been a really bad price. We did ask for a clarification what the exact date/year of purchase was with no response?

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,273 Posts
Maybe you do not understand ENGLISH, I have purchased 5 cars at PHILLIPS CHEVROLET in the past 10 years. The price that they list online is the price you are quoted when you walk through their doors. No Bait and switch. 100 percent proof positive.Nothing to qualify for. They are the largest volume dealer in the state of Illinois.

That's Nice !

I sure would not like to pay those state sales taxes though .. highest in the state as I recall .

·
Registered
115 Posts
Thats a good deal back in 2014.
Well not really, from the previous posts this 2014 was purchased Brand New in 2017. Considering the Model Year value depreciation and the wear & tear on the lot, and the fact that 2018's are starting from $14,000 (price good at least through 4/30/18) that might have been a really bad price. We did ask for a clarification what the exact date/year of purchase was with no response?
I actually bought it in January of 2015.... There was 4 miles on it....I do not know where you got 2017 from.

·
Premium Member
5,638 Posts
I actually bought it in January of 2015.... There was 4 miles on it....I do not know where you got 2017 from.
I was going off of what is below, you still got a better deal than I saw in 2014 on a 2014. I did ask for a clarification on your post from 2 weeks ago:
46 male...bought my 2014 2lt new as a leftover....$16,900 out the door.....last year for the 50/100 or whatever that was

1 - 20 of 25 Posts