Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

A buddy and I were reading up a little on the bov for our cruze I know there is one that replaces the stock, but I'm a little unsure of what this type-s does... Anyways information would be great thanks.

·
Premium Member
485 Posts
Hey guys,

A buddy and I were reading up a little on the bov for our cruze I know there is one that replaces the stock, but I'm a little unsure of what this type-s does... Anyways information would be great thanks.
It's like most other BOV's on the market (tial, hks ssq4, etc.). It is hooked up on the charge pipe with the vacuum line modified to hook up to it.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
409 Posts
It's like most other BOV's on the market (tial, hks ssq4, etc.). It is hooked up on the charge pipe with the vacuum line modified to hook up to it.

You would also need a block off plate for stock BPV location. And a tune. Just go with the Forge. I have it and sounds good.

·
Premium Member
485 Posts
You would also need a block off plate for stock BPV location. And a tune. Just go with the Forge. I have it and sounds good.
You don't "have" to use a block off plate if you use a t-connector to add another hose to the BOV from the BPV. And you will need a tune regardless to use the forge or a tial, hks, gfb, etc.

·
Registered
409 Posts
You don't "have" to use a block off plate if you use a t-connector to add another hose to the BOV from the BPV. And you will need a tune regardless to use the forge or a tial, hks, gfb, etc.

Well than wtf is the point? I guess if you just wanna sound cool. Cheaper ways of doing that tho.

·
Premium Member
485 Posts
Sound & looks I guess
Exactly. Basicly you use the stock BPV with a different BOV on the charge pipe. I see a lot of cobalt ss tc's and neon srt-4's running it that way Bc then you don't have to buy a block off plate.

And it still keeps from turbo surge

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
All in all better to go with a forge if we are looking to increase sound. If I'm not mistaken a forge will also increase overall proformance?

·
Premium Member
485 Posts

·
Premium Member
485 Posts
That it does. I noticed after installing mine I'm right back in boost after shifting. I'll take a driving video tonight.
Before breaking the engine I was running the forge piece but now I run an HKS SSQ4

1 - 11 of 11 Posts