1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Vendor
987 Posts
Do you have a tune yet? If you don't, you can get a tune from us and request us to enable ECP on it and you will be able to run a BOV with no problems.

·
Contest Manager
2,251 Posts
Seems like a lot of trouble just to get an added wistle sound. im happy with my SRI...
It seems that once the rpms drop back down to idle there seems to be alot of vibrations coming from that IC pipe...
in the comments section he said all he did was un plugged the battery (after running it for 30 min) and the system relearned the new part...
:question:
I dont think its that easy...lol

·
Premium Member
1,743 Posts
Thats the same guys that made a turbo kit too hfp, smh i wouldnt buy there kit if that is there work smh

Sent from my MB886 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes I have a tune but I have no desire to do this. I just though it was cool and interesting--something different--that's all.

Sent from my iPhone using AG Free

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
how did this guy do this????
It appears as if he just cut the existing charge pipe and clamped an adaptor in that accepts the BOV. My question is: did he just plate the existing BPV? Jerry from BNR made it seem as if you need an adjustment in the tune to do this as well.

EDIT: "Yes i cut out about 4 inches of the factory intercooler piping. Then i attatched a coupler to each end of the BOV and stuck it into the gap and make sure if you do this that the ic pipe doesnt go to far forward and rub on the radiator fan, because if it does you can say bye bye to the piping. You should be able to get a universal greddy blow off valve anywhere that sells them. just search universal greddy bov" (Dman2569 YouTube).

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thats the same guys that made a turbo kit too hfp, smh i wouldnt buy there kit if that is there work smh

Sent from my MB886 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Do you mean HEP jakk? I'm familiar with the HEP upgrade. If not, what upgrade are you talking about? I'm interested in reading up about it. Any links?

·
Registered
481 Posts
absolute garbage! did you see how bad his engine was idleing ? a recirculation valve and a blow off valve totaly takes away from how the engine was designed!!!! whats the point of recirculation valve if the left over boost pressure is going to vent it to atmosphere? you should not add a bov unless you change your entire turbo setup to work with one. plus the cruze only makes 13 psi stock, bovs are ment for high boost applications over 20 psi. you will loose mpgs and engine performance by adding a bov to this set up. if you wanted a race car you should have bought something else!!!!!

·
Vendor
987 Posts
Jerry from BNR made it seem as if you need an adjustment in the tune to do this as well.

Yes you absolutely will need to be running ECP if you do this. I mean you can probably get away with not doing it but the car will run like crap since it's not set up for it. The MAF will read how much air is coming in and then you'd change that amount by venting it causing an extreme rich condition since the fuel load would be calculated for more air than is actually going back in.

·
Administrator
15,754 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,743 Posts
Do you mean HEP jakk? I'm familiar with the HEP upgrade. If not, what upgrade are you talking about? I'm interested in reading up about it. Any links?

yup hep,thats some rather horrible r&d,kinda like there turbo guess they thought bending some tube making it look good and starting it makes it a true performance upgrade haha

·
Premium Member
2,502 Posts
Reactions: XtremeRevolution

·
Premium Member
2,020 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts