Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2012 eco/manual with 59000 miles. I am looking to get the stage 1 vtune. Do I need to get a new BOV for this tune? With the stock valve work reliably with this tune? Thanks in advance for your input. Is there anything else I would need to run this tune safely over the long haul?

· Registered
1,160 Posts
I agree Vtune will work great for you no BOV needed.Email Brian(Vtuner) He is great to chat with about what you need and what will work good for you.

Reactions: snowvette

· Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, and that is good to hear. I did not want to buy one anyway. I have an injen cai, and can't wait to feel the difference the v-tune will bring. Just waiting to get my car back from the dealer. I hope they are getting me a new manual tranny.

· Registered
1,160 Posts
What happened to the trans? You will notice a good power increase.I drove a rental 2013 cruze 1.4 T on 87 octane for a few days this week.I am so use to my car the 2013 felt like it had 25% less power than mine

· Registered
213 Posts
Thanks guys, and that is good to hear. I did not want to buy one anyway. I have an injen cai, and can't wait to feel the difference the v-tune will bring. Just waiting to get my car back from the dealer. I hope they are getting me a new manual tranny.

What happened to your trans? My eco is at the dealer right now with trans issues. waiting to hear back from the chevy engineers about what they need to do to fix it.

· Registered
213 Posts
My transmission has the whining sound in 6th around 55-63 mph. GM says they won't fix it. Nothing has failed is what I was told.
Mine is making some horrible knocking noise. I'm waiting to hear if they will fix if or not.

· Registered
1,160 Posts
(My transmission has the whining sound in 6th around 55-63 mph. GM says they won't fix it. )Nothing has failed is what I was told.

If compared to a like vehicle and the noise is normal i agree. If others dont do it there is a problem.

Reactions: XtremeRevolution
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.