Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone

i purchased a new 2018 Cruze LT TD on Wednesday, and going to pick it up today! I have been a long time Nissan fan, starting with a '79 280 ZX, and owning several Datsun Roadsters, and a '67 Nissan Patrol. I was working out of a 2015 Altima SL purchased new with no miles on it. 201,000 miles later, I totaled it last Wednesday a week ago.

Loved the car, and it got great gas mileage, bumping 35 to 38 mpg here in the Ozark mountains, and I have seen it hit 42 mpg down in the flat lands. I wasn't very happy with the fact that new it listed for $29.000 and only three years old, the insurance company gave me less than $10,000 on the appraised value after totaling it.

Any way, the diesel engine, paired with the nine speed auto tranny on the Cruze, offering 47 mpg hooked me. With diesel costing $3.17 a gallon here, and unleaded regular at $2.34, it is almost equal in fuel costs to drive compared to the 1.4 turbo gas engine, but i hope that the diesel engine will give me many years of service running up and down the highway making my sales calls, justifying the higher upfront cost of the diesel engine.

I am a road warrior at heart, as I travel about 1,500 miles per week with the job, and ready to go somewhere with the wife on Friday if she wants. I would like to ask if anyone has the upgraded brake package, and if the calipers are heavier with a extra piston, or just powder coated to look good? I am considering adding that along with the lowering suspension kit one day.

so sorry to go on so long, with the intro,

·
Premium Member
2,698 Posts
I would like to ask if anyone has the upgraded brake package, and if the calipers are heavier with a extra piston, or just powder coated to look good? I am considering adding that along with the lowering suspension kit one day.
Exciting day today, congratulations and welcome.

Sorry to hear about the Altima, glad you’re ok.

Sounds like you’ve done your homework, you will love the Diesel. With the mpg numbers you were getting in the gasser, don’t be surprised to find the CTD easily pushing past 50 mpg.

Can’t help you with the brakes and lowering questions but plenty of info here. Check out the Gen 2 area of the forum.

Welcome to Diesel and happy Cruzen!

·
Super Moderator
5,174 Posts
Welcome and Sorry to hear about the Altima. Believe me, I know what it is like to "lose" a car you drove a lot. 1 what am I going to drive next(why I am on Cruze #3) and the transition period. Actually #4, #3 was an automatic and it is my son's DD, I needed a manual tranny and the car fits well in my garage.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was under the hood checking out the engine and it looks like a chore getting the air filter out I tried searching for a thread which showed how to do it and had no luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.