Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Greetings from the Shenandoah Valley!

1085 Views 5 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  Blasirl
Good evening. I am FarmerCruze. I’ve lived on a farm in the Shenandoah Valley for most of my life. I run Chevy cars and trucks, International Harvester tractors, New Holland skidloaders, and Yamaha four wheelers. My dad ordered a K1500 5.7 Vortec manual trans brand new in 97. I was 7. The day we brought it home was the day I became a Chevy guy. Only other new truck/Chevy we have had on the farm is an 03 crew cab duramax. First car I bought was an 05 Cobalt. My second Chevy was a 94 c1500 suburban. My wife bought a 2012 1.4l manual Cruze LT from my uncle shortly before we got married. She bought it and didn’t know how to drive a three pedal car. And she just recently found me a 2011 1.4l manual Cruze Eco with 145k on it. Only paid 1600. PO couldn’t figure out what was really wrong with it and sold it. This is my first post on here but y’all have helped me out more than once. The 2012 Cruze has been mostly trouble free. Did the PCs fix and a few other odds and ends. Its the wife car. The 2011 is going to be my new daily because my 03 1500 Silverado with the 4.8 Vortec is murdering my wallet. Once I work the bugs out of it of course. I’ll make a separate post about that one though. Anyway, I’m glad to finally be a part of this great forum.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2011 Cruze Eco 1.4T 6-speed manual silver (Mine). 2012 Cruze LT 1.4T 6-speed manual white (wife car)
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome! Nice line of Chevys there.
Thanks! Yeah Chevy really does run deep at our place. Also have a 17 Traverse. Got it because I refuse to own a minivan. And got a good deal on it. Still had warranty on it! Also have an 06 ccsb duramax for the farm. And one lone 93 dodge w250 with the 12 valve. Dad got it from a client for 500 bucks. Its a wood truck/shipping crate for the Cummins engine. Our farm tractor has a 5.9 as well so mainly bought it just in case the tractor blows its engine. Fun fact, Dad’s 97 k1500 is still running the original engine and transmission and has around 430,000ish miles on it. Many starters, alternators, clutches and one set of intake gaskets.

· Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red, 1.4T Auto
14,165 Posts
Good evening. I am FarmerCruze. I’ve lived on a farm in the Shenandoah Valley for most of my life. I run Chevy cars and trucks, International Harvester tractors, New Holland skidloaders, and Yamaha four wheelers. My dad ordered a K1500 5.7 Vortec manual trans brand new in 97. I was 7. The day we brought it home was the day I became a Chevy guy. Only other new truck/Chevy we have had on the farm is an 03 crew cab duramax. First car I bought was an 05 Cobalt. My second Chevy was a 94 c1500 suburban. My wife bought a 2012 1.4l manual Cruze LT from my uncle shortly before we got married. She bought it and didn’t know how to drive a three pedal car. And she just recently found me a 2011 1.4l manual Cruze Eco with 145k on it. Only paid 1600. PO couldn’t figure out what was really wrong with it and sold it. This is my first post on here but y’all have helped me out more than once. The 2012 Cruze has been mostly trouble free. Did the PCs fix and a few other odds and ends. Its the wife car. The 2011 is going to be my new daily because my 03 1500 Silverado with the 4.8 Vortec is murdering my wallet. Once I work the bugs out of it of course. I’ll make a separate post about that one though. Anyway, I’m glad to finally be a part of this great forum.
Welcome aboard!(y)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.