Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I use to come on this site a lot but I lost my username and password so I'm back again . My old username was stamas .

I have a 2013 Sport plus OV, It has the European equivent to the LTZ RS package, Sport suspension , crystal lights ,Full black on black interior with my link rear camera and gloss brushed metal centre consol . It has every extra except a sunroof . Leather seats were not offered ,Its just to hot ,unless they were cooled. The only things I have done since I have owned it , bought some 3d matts ,service the car every 5k, it is only at 10,800miles . I only put in premium 97 , keep it garaged .
I also had a brief late model 2012 sport plus which had the samurai style fog lamps , The GM oem illuminated footplates sold me the car . Pictures below !
It can be a lively car and very economical. long straight roads suit this car the best journeys of 500miles are nothing for this car . It's not so great when you do short journeys in town the mpg will drop dramatically .The owners Manuel recommends either a 5-30 or 10-30 weight . It gets very hot where I am ,past 100'F (it also recommends in the owners Manuel not to drive the car in heavy traffic with the outside temperatures above 100.f��) . Im thinking about switching to a 5-40, I would stay away from 10-40 as these cars really do need the extra protection on start up . Very small oil journals to the cams .I still wouldn't chose to drive my car around town under the baking sun in traffic . That's why the scooter was invented . Post some of your cruzes from around the world .
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Steering wheel
Land vehicle Vehicle Chevrolet cruze Car Chevrolet
Land vehicle Vehicle Chevrolet cruze Car Chevrolet
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Mid-size car Full-size car
Car Vehicle Multimedia Technology Electronics
Vehicle Car Headlamp Automotive lighting Night

·
Premium Member
2,698 Posts
Welcome (back) to CruzeTalk.

Reactions: CruzeSP

·
Premium Member
2,698 Posts
It's like I never left it seams quieter than before or am I mistaking that for bad timing
Since I’ve only been around here since March I can’t speak to forum activity (or inactivity) level. But I WILL say this, CruzeTalk forum members have been extremely helpful to me and understanding my Cruze Diesel. More so than members of any other vehicle forum I’ve tried over the years.

Glad you’re back, perhaps others here can offer oil weight advice for petrol model Cruzen.

·
Premium Member
5,638 Posts
Your owners manual warns you not to drive in temperatures that exceed 100 degrees F? Can you copy and paste that part for us. Both Rivergoer in his cool Diesel Cruze and myself in the 1.4T regularly see temps which exceed 120F?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Your owners manual warns you not to drive in temperatures that exceed 100 degrees F? Can you copy and paste that part for us. Both Rivergoer in his cool Diesel Cruze and myself in the 1.4T regularly see temps which exceed 120F?
Nice call out . Take a look at this page I have here . It was referring to the automatic transmission fluid not the engine . Was a miss read on my part . Text Font Line Screenshot Parallel

·
Premium Member
2,698 Posts
Nice call out . Take a look at this page I have here . It was referring to the automatic transmission fluid not the engine . Was a miss read on my part . View attachment 243962
Yes, that’s a list of conditions under which GM defines “severe service”. For all intents and purposes just about every car on the road in the US falls under at least one part of that definition.

That’s why the trans fluid should be changed, it’s NOT a lifetime fill. There’s some debate as to when exactly that interval should occur, opinons vary anywhere from 40,000 to 100,000.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts