Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have recently purchased a Chevy Cruze 2014 1.4 turbo. My first Chevy and I am in love with it.

The car I retire was a 2002 Chrysler Concorde LXi; the Cruze is a massive upgrade.

Thanks!

·
Patience Of Job
562 Posts
Welcome to CruzeTalk.com Shadicats & congrats on your purchase of your Cruze!

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
Welcome to CruzeTalk.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys!

I only have one photo right now, not the best. Light Gold exterior, Black interior. Debating a few upgrades: To tint the windows or not. To install an interior trunk release button (this one truly bemuses me). Change up the rims.

I wish it had a better tow capacity, this is the only thing that disappoints me. I have a small pop-up trailer, that is 600lbs total. I don't think the Chevy Cruze is up for towing. AND if this is the only thing that ever disappoints me on the Cruze, I am more than a happy camper. The spouse finally has competition for my undying love.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Thanks guys!
I wish it had a better tow capacity, this is the only thing that disappoints me. I have a small pop-up trailer, that is 600lbs total. I don't think the Chevy Cruze is up for towing. AND if this is the only thing that ever disappoints me on the Cruze, I am more than a happy camper.
Would it make you feel better to know the cruze has a safe towing capacity up to 1000lbs?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Thanks guys!

I only have one photo right now, not the best. Light Gold exterior, Black interior. Debating a few upgrades: To tint the windows or not. To install an interior trunk release button (this one truly bemuses me). Change up the rims.

I wish it had a better tow capacity, this is the only thing that disappoints me. I have a small pop-up trailer, that is 600lbs total. I don't think the Chevy Cruze is up for towing. AND if this is the only thing that ever disappoints me on the Cruze, I am more than a happy camper. The spouse finally has competition for my undying love.

I always go with window tint, but its pretty essential here in oz and it does look better =)
New wheels will also improve appearances! So if thats how you want to spend your cash go for it!
Do you really need an interior release? I mean you have to go round the back to put stuff in anyway. Though it would be handy sometimes to be able to stay in the car while someone else loads the back like at a quick airport pick up. Cost versus usage i guess..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Would it make you feel better to know the cruze has a safe towing capacity up to 1000lbs?
Hrm. That makes me feel better :D - still don't know if I want to put the beautiful tiny engine under the strain. LOL.

Do you really need an interior release? I mean you have to go round the back to put stuff in anyway. Though it would be handy sometimes to be able to stay in the car while someone else loads the back like at a quick airport pick up. Cost versus usage i guess..
Pretty much nailed it on the head. It's so my passengers (read spouse and think groceries) can quickly grab their stuff and I can drive away without having to help. I'm gonna name the interior release: Lazy Dead Man Button.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts