Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2015 CTD
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Snipsey I am either blind or it's not a Pid option.

But I can't find transmission fluid temp.

·
Premium Member
2,422 Posts
You will need to go into settings (Server Settings for Android) and change your database to "Alpha"...

And then if you are inpatient you can force close the app and clear cache. Otherwise it will wait to revalidate at the next opportunity (this prevents my server from being hammered).

·
Registered
2014 Chevrolet Cruze TD
43 Posts
My Gretio on iPhone is buggy as F. I've only been able to connect twice. I even bought a subscription.

·
Premium Member
2,422 Posts
My Gretio on iPhone is buggy as F. I've only been able to connect twice. I even bought a subscription.
Do you have the latest versions?

There was a bug that could lock up the OBDLINK. As in entirely and you would have to unplug the OBDLINK. That would eitheir freeze Gretio because the iOS side never disconnected, or you would just never be able to connect. The OBDLINK app wouldn't work either.

New versions have a work around that avoids those conditions, but they can still happen. It's something to do with how iOS and the OBDLINK talk to each other.

I am curious if it is still happening to people.

·
Registered
2014 Chevrolet Cruze TD
43 Posts
I have the latest version.

·
Premium Member
2015 CTD
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Do you have the latest versions?

There was a bug that could lock up the OBDLINK. As in entirely and you would have to unplug the OBDLINK. That would eitheir freeze Gretio because the iOS side never disconnected, or you would just never be able to connect. The OBDLINK app wouldn't work either.

New versions have a work around that avoids those conditions, but they can still happen. It's something to do with how iOS and the OBDLINK talk to each other.

I am curious if it is still happening to people.
No android issues other than the aforementioned disconnecting issue i mentioned earlier but I understand now that u explained it.

I do wish the app could store the modules on the phone and when not connected to the car they could be accessed to see what functions can be performed.

·
Premium Member
2,422 Posts
No android issues other than the aforementioned disconnecting issue i mentioned earlier but I understand now that u explained it.
The Android bluetooth works much nicer than iOS.

Gretio has to deal with massive packet loss on iOS. I have no idea where it comes from or why. I have talked with several devs from other big MFi device makers, and they have the same problem. It makes 0 sense.

Since the OBDLINK/AT protocol has no acknowledgement system this creates a very ambiguous situation.

I made an entire secure packet delivery system that avoids all these problems while maintaining fast unreliable (and concurrent) connections known as RAMMP. It was going to be used on the Gatekeeper devices. Unfortunately, money. RAMMP lives on in a game I am making though :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts