Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
2,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, I'm really not fond of the stock black grille, but I would like your opinions on this. I'm thinking about paining my grille silver. I'm planning on either LTZ or 2LT rims and chrome door handles in the future. So, pardon the terrible MSPaint job, but which one do you all like the best. 1 (stock), 2, or 3?

·
Registered
803 Posts
There needs to be contrast in the front. And to break up the body color black is best. Which is why ALL automotive designers incorporate it in every car design.

Silver grilles are not appealing to the eye.

I would either opt for GLOSS black or GUNMETAL. Check out some Audi RS models for examples.

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,272 Posts
I don/t like any of those ...........
Try the grille delete aproach . Besides how many times do you want to do these worn out ideas ....

I really want to know why we should like U ?

So how is the rest of the prima donas treating you ?

·
2,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm getting the same opinions from everyone I talk to. I'll keep it black then. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
134 Posts
I think it can look good if you have the silver/chrome to match on the rest of your car. Always loved the rs5 style grill.
2013_audi_rs5_us-version_6.jpg&dim=1600x1200.jpeg

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,272 Posts
Its your car you shouldn't care what other people prefer. Silver isn't my thing but there have been a few others whom have painted theirs and it looks great.
I actually thought about that and wondered how could a person just paint the face of the grille and not the bĺack colored insides edges of a grille ..

Silk screen the dang grille . Complex but doable ...........

·
2,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Its your car you shouldn't care what other people prefer. Silver isn't my thing but there have been a few others whom have painted theirs and it looks great.
I know, I was on the fence about it myself though.

·
2,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
Hmmmm. Now you got me thinking.
I think it looks good against that dark blue body. I'm not sure as it looks as good on your red car. Black has more contrast than chrome.

I think part of the problem with the mockup is execution of the simulation. Looks uneven and that always looks bad.

·
2,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I think it looks good against that dark blue body. I'm not sure as it looks as good on your red car. Black has more contrast than chrome.

I think part of the problem with the mockup is execution of the simulation. Looks uneven and that always looks bad.
Yeah I'm leaning towards leaving it then. I might get the Z-Spec grille, I don't know.

Why, you didn't like my 1 hour Microsoft Paint job? Hahaha I know it's terrible, looks better if you stand away from the picture.

Anyone good with photoshop on here?

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
@SunlineFan has his grills painted silver and it doesn't look too bad. His is the autumn red color though, not sure how it would look with the bright red. Gunmetal would probably look decent though!

·
Premium Member
1,943 Posts
When I first read that you wanted to paint your grill silver, I was going to suggest that you just go and buy a Weber. :idiot:

·
2,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Heres mine painted

Man that looks great.

Ahhh what the heck, I'll do it and see how it looks. If I don't like it I'll just paint it back to black.....

How easy is it to remove the grille and paint it?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts