Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In considering the purchase of a 2019 Cruze Hatchback, I've spent time browsing CruzeTalk.

Members have mentioned low ground clearance, and scraping the bottom, etc. But ... I'm looking for something a little less subjective.

Does anyone know the ground clearance of new Cruze's, in inches??? (My web searches have failed to find this dimension)

That way I can compare to see how it relates to other compact cars, where the ground clearance number is readily available.

What is "low" ground clearance to one owner, might not be "low" to another.

Thanks for any help.

·
Premium Member
5,639 Posts
170mm

Ground clearance of Chevrolet Cruze competes directly with Hyundai 4S Fluidic Verna, Toyota Corolla Altis, Skoda Octavia, and Honda City. Put straight, any ground clearance crossing 170mm is considered to be decent, whereas, in case the ground clearance of a car is below 160mm, it's not good for Indian roads.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
170mm, thanks.

That is 6.7".

The Toyota Corolla sedan is 6.7", the Nissan Sentra sedan is 6.4", and the Mazda3 is 6.1".

So, to me at least, the ground clearance on a Cruze is certainly not an issue.

·
Registered
1 Posts
In considering the purchase of a 2019 Cruze Hatchback, I've spent time browsing CruzeTalk.

Members have mentioned low ground clearance, and scraping the bottom, etc. But ... I'm looking for something a little less subjective.

Does anyone know the ground clearance of new Cruze's, in inches??? (My web searches have failed to find this dimension)

That way I can compare to see how it relates to other compact cars, where the ground clearance number is readily available.

What is "low" ground clearance to one owner, might not be "low" to another.

Thanks for any help.
Just a heads up, but the answer you received was directly cut from autoportal.com which is referencing the pre 2016 Cruze (which was 165mm). I owned a 2014 Cruze diesel which I never had a problem with ground clearance, and now have a 2019 Cruze Diesel which drags on every little ripple of snow or gravel, it is constantly scraping going into my driveway etc. I cannot find nor have I measured my own car, but it is definitely not the same clearance as the last model of Cruze.

·
Super Moderator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
11,681 Posts
Just a heads up, but the answer you received was directly cut from autoportal.com which is referencing the pre 2016 Cruze (which was 165mm). I owned a 2014 Cruze diesel which I never had a problem with ground clearance, and now have a 2019 Cruze Diesel which drags on every little ripple of snow or gravel, it is constantly scraping going into my driveway etc. I cannot find nor have I measured my own car, but it is definitely not the same clearance as the last model of Cruze.
Welcome Aboard!(y)

Don't forget to introduce yourself and your Cruze here.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts