Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
If you lift the carpet you will find a few threaded grounding posts on the right side, some used/some empty.

You just need to find the right size/thread nut if you want to use an empty post. (I just used the closest I could find and forced the nut on)

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
I found an existing ground on the drivers side of the trunk. If you pull out the side panel, its clear as day. Remove 10mm nut, put on your ground, done.

I hear there is one on the passenger side, but I didn't need to pull both.

·
Premium Member
1,673 Posts
I ground mine inside the spare wheel well, to the bolt which is in the middle (would hold the spare if you had one). It has a strap attached, I added a washer to top of the strap, placed my ground on top of the washer, then replaced the bolt.

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Have to run 12 V back there, I pair that with the ground or common wire connected to the case of the radio. What this does is prevents ground loops that causes unwanted noise that is fed into the amplifier.

·
Premium Member
25,595 Posts
Okay. I don't have a spare in my car, I have a slot that goes down than a opening for a tire compressor. Thanks all. Will have pictures up after I get it done after work.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

The bolt is still there. If you pull the trunk floor out you'll see it.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Have to run 12 V back there, I pair that with the ground or common wire connected to the case of the radio. What this does is prevents ground loops that causes unwanted noise that is fed into the amplifier.
I have already ran 12v wire (4ga) to trunk from battery
I was using a ground but that ground isn't working very well, just trying to find a better one. I'm going to be fixing it today and hiding wires better in trunk.
When you say pair ground or common are you saying you splice into the ground behind deck and run that to amp?...

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
I have already ran 12v wire (4ga) to trunk from battery
I was using a ground but that ground isn't working very well, just trying to find a better one. I'm going to be fixing it today and hiding wires better in trunk.
When you say pair ground or common are you saying you splice into the ground behind deck and run that to amp?...

4 AWG wire? Are you running a 2,000 watt amplifier? Mean running two separate wires, one for ground, other for 12V. Signal is referenced to ground, want a clean isolated ground for this.

Same with your PCM sensors, an isolated ground is used for that, yes it is connected to the frame, but at the PCM. If they used whatever ground that was handy, would be picking up all kinds of noise from other electrical components. Only the current for these sensors flow through this separate ground to prevent this extra noise.

Gee I have this same problem explaining this to kid engineers, easiest way is just to tell them to do it. Only reason for using the frame for ground is to save wire and okay for other noise producing appliances, but not okay for noise sensitive devices, such as your audio circuits.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts