Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
We have a similar siutation geographically, however we have a LOT of hills and hairpin turns so you constantly have to scrub off speed for a tight turn, then go up hills just after so it's not optimal.

Right now we're getting 38.5 MPG. Probably 10% City, 20% highway and 70% with what I just described.

The Prius would be better without trying, but I did the math and I'd rather pay the $15-$25 more a month in gas to have a nice, safe, turbocharged stickshift car that's fun to drive. Plus it already saved me over $75 a month in gas over my 08 Aura XR

·
Registered
172 Posts
12000 miles / year (since you have other vehicles)
divided by 38 MPG (I'll use LESS than what I'm getting in my terribly hilly area)

316 gallons of fuel used that year

Divided by 12 months is about 26 gallons of fuel per month.

My friend got a brand new Prius he says he is getting under 50 combined, but we'll use 50 miles / gallon.

That's 20 gallons of fuel per month.

6 gallons different. Depending on where you live, for me that would be $24 a month difference in fuel cost.

For $24 a month, I'd prefer my better looking, safer, faster, better handling, turbocharged, MORE fun to drive 6 speed Eco.

But that's just me.

For even more fun, I'll drive my Supra :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.