Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Administrator
25,608 Posts
So that "Lordstown USA" sticker will now be very important.

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
1,4,5 United States
3 Mexico

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
Been thiniking on this while I was out trying save my landscaping from the early summer drought here.
1. Are both U.S. and CA Cruze plants working at capacity?
2. If not, how are the unions OK with Mexican imports?
3. If the plants are not at capacity, could the Mexican imports be to increase the profit margin on the Cruze?
4. My understanding was that these cars were built to order, either dealer or customer, and they no longer did production just to keep the lines running.

I checked one of the largest and oldest Chevy dealers here and they have 20 gen. two Cruzen on the lot with 2 more in transit. All of them are LS or LT trim levels. They usually have 5 - 10 more than that on the lot. I saw no Limiteds listed either.

·
Registered
426 Posts
For us we will always look for a Built in U.S.A sticker and if we find a car that we really like and its made by South Korea or Japan and they are still assembled here by U.S.A workers or not we will buy. However a Built with pride in Mexico sticker is not for us they seem to always have quality control problems and soon we will have that Cruze Hatch totally Built in Mexico so is GM slowly cutting costs in Lordstown to make it cheaper and soon all we be made in Mexico.

·
Administrator
25,608 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
I wonder if the person writing the article got some facts twisted. We know the Cruze Hatchback will be coming in from Mexico in 2017. It wouldn't take much of a "telephone game" before that fact got distorted into the article as written.

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
I wonder if the person writing the article got some facts twisted. We know the Cruze Hatchback will be coming in from Mexico in 2017. It wouldn't take much of a "telephone game" before that fact got distorted into the article as written.
Local TV station. But still, if they are from Lordstown, they "should" know what they are writing about. Here, where we have Jeep Wrangler production, local TV stations are spot on about their reporting and they almost always have input from the unions when they do a news item about Jeeps.

·
Registered
122 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
This article seems to say that the 2016 Limited inventory has pretty much been sold off (that's what I see around here), so June's sales should be nearly all 2nd Gen. Cruze. June sales numbers and dealer inventories will tell us a true story of how well the new model is selling.

·
Premium Member
2,219 Posts
My local Chevy dealer has 54 2016 Cruze and 7 2016 limited. They normally have around 100 Cruzes. My guess is the gen 2 is selling well here, will have lunch with a new car sales manager soon will get more information

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,202 Posts
Meh. I wouldn't concern myself with it much more than the buyers of the typical Ford Fusion concern themselves with where it's made (most are Hermisillo built).

·
Registered
283 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts