Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

H2O pump non-recall extended warranty

7K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  2cents 
#1 ·
First issue was my fiance told me the car wasn't getting hot, next she told me that a light came on saying air conditioner turned off due to high engine temp. She swears the gauge never got past halfway. I called Chevy and got somebody good who told me about this extra warranty but I had to call GM to get it covered. I was told to drive the car to the dealership and that it was not getting hot day was just a water pump issue. As the car never appeared to be hot I tried to drive it down there but didn't make it and had to get it towed. 2 weeks now they told me the battery is bad and that the expected life span... 3 years... BS on that!
They have had the car for 2 weeks now I have not received the phone call from the service manager. When I called they told me that after they put the water pump in they blew the head gasket...
I will stop here as anything else would be just a b**** and a rant and there is plenty of that on this site already.
You can add me to the list of those "I will never buy another Chevy"!!!
2012 echo 1.4 turbo original owner 82000 miles

Discussion starter · #7 ·
Thank you obermd... ahhhh... I get the name... will pm!

I will keep that link for reference. While probably foolish, I am going to give credit for some of the really good things they did this time around which offset the negatives, giving them a neutral score ;)

I will post a full update now that I've had the car back for a week... right after I get finished with an intake note and a couple of follow-up/progress notes!

Discussion starter · #8 ·
As I stated Rob, there was no physical sign of overheating. ex. no spewing steam, no smoking dipstick... Also, as posted, I immediately tried to get service from a dealership in Hoover, who were unconcerned. I repeatedly and thoroughly described to the service manager what was happening and was repeatedly told to drive the car to the dealership. This was echoed by GM. I would hope toyohondnissan would be a bit more proactive should such a situation arise, otherwise, I'd have to mix a bit of concrete and lime to the sand and utilized the brick it formed ;)

Tim

Discussion starter · #9 ·
As in the post, the coolant level was consistently checked. There was NO evidence of either a water pump leak, nor the car physically overheating.

As I told the service manager... If you are getting but 3 years from your batteries, I suggest a better vendor!

Discussion starter · #10 ·
Unfortunately the dealership is the representing agent of the manufacturer. If an HVAC guy came out and installed a Rhem or... and you called and complained about it not working correctly, and after several visits they told you it was working perfectly, only to have it fail later, would you be looking to purchase another Rhem?

I lived most of my life in Oregon and worked in some pretty harsh conditions... I have NEVER had a battery, which I purchased, last less than 5 years.

If they are warranting a battery for 3-5, I suspect they have in the neighborhood of a 95% expectation of it reaching 6-10!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.