Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Update: Took my car back in to the dealer with the CEL on.

He said they couldn't find the problem but the CEL was off???

So, I drove off and sure enough the CEL is off. Plugged in my OBD adapter and went for drive. Boost is at ~9 psi - the car accelerates at a reasonable rate now. So it's fixed!

Looking under the hood, I see they did change the Turbo Boost Sensor in the air intake hose right before the throttle body. It may be the original sensor from the intake hose they changed- it has dust on it.

Not sure how a wrong/bad sensor would limit the boost AND set the CEL. Anyone know how this works?

·
Premium Member
7,353 Posts
Not sure how a wrong/bad sensor would limit the boost AND set the CEL. Anyone know how this works?
For a number of sensors, the computer compares the readings against a software model of the engine. If there's a significant disagreement, it sets a CEL. This is so it can sense anything wrong even though no one sensor is out of normal operating range.

Once it sets a CEL, the computer is basically saying "I'm not sure what to believe." So it plays it safe and limits the power.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Anyone know what other symptoms will be present if these ring lands are broken other than what the OP said about oil of his charge pipe? Will the engine burn oil internally and smoke out tailpipe or anything else like CEL??

My 2011 eco has oil on the turbo pipe to intercooler connection on the passenger side only.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.