Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So is the government really trying to keep UFO's a secret like all these programs claim? ATC guys and airline pilots have to sign a secrecy agreement or lose their jobs, other people are either nuts or seeing things. Native Americans claim they even have direct meetings with aliens from far far away, and for centuries.

I have yet to see a UFO yet, and like looking up in the sky, plus all those years of flying. Ancient Alien theorists claim they are watching and directing us, and don't want us ruining THEIR planet. Show does take me to interesting places, take the rest of it with a grain of salt.

Anybody here see a UFO? Ha, but be careful if you admit to it. FAA and CIA will be all over your back.

·
Premium Member
2,496 Posts
I believe in extraterrestrials have never seen one but I have seen a huge super nova with my naked eye it was pretty cool. There is one story that really makes me believe and its the one with the Japanese pilots and the former director of FAA backs up. Ancient Aliens is hilarious ecspecially man tan jenkins he gets crazier and crazier!

·
Administrator
25,120 Posts
I see UFOs all the time. If it's flying and I can't identify it it's by definition a UFO. :)

·
Registered
402 Posts
It is quite likely that there are extra terrestrials but in a very large universe, the chances that we will bump into each other are vanishingly small. Especially as we seem to have abandoned space exploration.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Just about every nation with an Air Force has had some sort of encounter with something unexplained.

Iranians scrambled F-4 Phantoms to intercept one. The Phantoms lost their instruments and weapon systems.

Soviets attempted to intercept a flying cylinder with a MiG-21. The Fishbed is capable of Mach 2 and the cylinder ran away from it .

The US has had multiple encounters.

The UK, France...etc....all have sent fighters to intercept - something.

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Could question as to why they even show programs like this, watched The Unexplained Files again last night on the 37th parallel lined with military bases.

Claim there are huge underground military bases covering 4 square miles, 7 levels with aliens working down there with us. Politicians don't even know about this, but they control the budget. Ha, must be the aliens are paying for these. Pentagon and the CIA knows all about this stuff.

Just find these programs interesting, beats watching other stuff on TV.

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Another program I like to watch is "America Unearthed".

Of course other people discovered America before Christopher Columbus did. When he made his first voyage here, people were already here.

But Scott Wolter does have me looking at the rocks in my yard, looking for inscribed maps for buried treasure. So far, just rocks.

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Through the Wormhole with Mogan Freeman is another one with all these scientist trying to make a name for themselves.

Of course, just one micron away from our living cells is an entirely new dimension, and time travel to the future will be possible, even though the future does not exist. Pymamids were built to extract energy from the earth to recharge alien spacecraft. Combine all the matter with anti-matter and energy with dark energy, will all cancel everything out to nothing. So making use out of nothing is possible.

In many ways, more humorous than the Comedy Hour. But wish they would explain gravity. We know the effects of it can be created by centrifugal force, but has to be some form of an attractive force. And if it is a force, like any other force, can it be shielded? Would be kind of nice to just float around.

Also wish they would explain exactly what propels Superman. Doesn't jump, just takes off, even faster than the speed of light, can stop dead, and flip around.

·
Premium Member
2,496 Posts
I love to think about gravity. I am always watching "scientific" documentaries. I have seen everyone in netflix for the past 3 years, max want even offer documentaries to me anymore because he knows ill just click "actually I've already seen this".

Gravity particles in the air. All around us. The denser an object the stronger the gravity. So cool to try and figure out.

One of my favorite things are sub atomic particles. Pass thru solid objects, can link up and sync at infinite distance with out delay in symmetry proving something can travel faster than the speed of light. Will act differently based on if we are looking at it or not (which I think because all of the test were subject to light in order for us to physically see it).... God I love this its like crack to me... Yea I am a science nerd!

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Lived in an area where neighbor helps neighbor, neighbors barn blew down, went modern with roof thrusts and corrugated steel siding. My assigned task was to cut this steel using a chain saw like device with a large metal cutting disk on the side of it.

After about ten hours of cutting, was getting tired and jerk this thing up. It moved violently to the left and cut a hole in my jeans, and a bit in the knee. Called gyroscope precession.

So this got me to wondering, if one were to put motor driven gyros on a ring spinning at a high rate of speed. Wouldn't rotating that ring also cause precession? And would this device tend to move on its own without a rocket like thrust?

This would certainly explain how a flying saucer as reported would work, a main gyro thruster for propulsion and smaller ones for direction control.

Can't work, way too simple, ha, was going to try this, but never did, can't work, too simple Would be a series of gyros rotating a high speed rotating in a circle, so why wouldn't this have precession and cause this contraption to move without any physical contact. No, it can't work, its way too simple.

I did a patent search on other such so-called anti-gravity devices that broke every law of physics. But the US Patent office will issue anything as long as no such patent exists previously.

With gravity and an apparent force, if a high mass object were to appear, how fast would this force travel? Now if talking about light, an electrostatic/electromagnetic force with H and E fields that is affected by principles of inductance and capacitance. Thus would have a built in speed limit.

Wish these programs would explain some basics, like how do they know a galaxy is so many light years away? And if they can view galaxy's 13,5 billion light years away, how do they know they are still even there? But instead get things like due to high gravity, can a black hole emit intelligence? Does a black hole even have intelligence to emit?

Is our universe like a pizza where the edges can be folded up to take a short cut? Just shake my head.

·
Administrator
25,120 Posts
I love to think about gravity. I am always watching "scientific" documentaries. I have seen everyone in netflix for the past 3 years, max want even offer documentaries to me anymore because he knows ill just click "actually I've already seen this".

Gravity particles in the air. All around us. The denser an object the stronger the gravity. So cool to try and figure out.

One of my favorite things are sub atomic particles. Pass thru solid objects, can link up and sync at infinite distance with out delay in symmetry proving something can travel faster than the speed of light. Will act differently based on if we are looking at it or not (which I think because all of the test were subject to light in order for us to physically see it).... God I love this its like crack to me... Yea I am a science nerd!
Gravity isn't a particle/wave as defined in Quantum Mechanics. Instead, it's what is called an emergent property of the interaction of space/time and matter. The Higgs Boson, which was predicted in the 1960s and confirmed experimentally in early 2014, is instrumental in this interaction.

As for FTL travel, the relativistic equations work for any speed v where v <> c. v is your velocity (speed) and c is the speed of light. The problem is how do you go from v < c to v > c without passing v = c. Turns out, the intersection of Special Relativity, General Relativity, and Quantum Mechanics gives us a way around this restriction - move a bubble of space/time itself. We already know from observational astronomy that space/time itself is not limited to how fast it can change shape, and in fact, have reasonably good evidence that the early universe contained a short period where space/time was expanding several thousand times the speed of light, effectively moving objects away from each other at speeds well over the speed of light.

In 1994, physicist Miguel Alcubierre published a peer reviewed paper in "Classical and Quantum Gravity" that mathematically described how to solve Einstein's equations to create and move a bubble of space/time faster than the speed of light. Anything inside this bubble would be carried along at the same speed as the bubble. Alcubierre's equations required more energy than believed to exist in the universe to work, but a couple of years ago physicist Harold White at NASA's Eagleworks lab figured out how to change the geometry of the Alcubierre bubble from a sphere to a torus and in the process reduced the energy requirements to the equivalent of a half a Cruze being converted to pure energy, something that is within engineering plausibility.

As interesting (and needed) as a working FTL drive is, Eagleworks is currently researching an electro-magnetic drive (EmDrive) that violates the conservation of momentum laws first codified by Sir Isaac Newton's 1st law of motion. This drive, if it really works, depends on an controversal and unproven set of solutions to General Relativity where it intersects with Special Relativity and Quantum Mechanics. Basically, if you create a properly shaped closed container and subject it to microwaves you get a propellent thrust. The measured input energy to thrust ratio is already higher than the best ion drives we have today but no one has successfully scaled it up enough to allow any propulsion lab to actually build and test. This drive design has been tested in three different labs (England by the inventor, China, and NASA) around the world and all report the same result - thrust without a propellent. We currently have no physical theory to describe this drive's operations, which is giving a lot of physicists real headaches trying to disprove or prove why this drive operates as it appears to do.

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Watched an episode of Hangar 1 last night where three flying saucers crash to earth with technology a million years ahead of us. But practically all on government cover ups. My only question was, if they do have technology a million years ahead of us, why are they crashing?

Read that article on EM, reporting a total thrust of about 0.02 Newtons powered by an 850W magnetron is not very impressive. But gave me assurance, least I don't have to be concerned about my microwave flying off into space.

Guess with the junk we have, t still equals d/v, so takes years to go anywhere.

Designed and tuned antennas of different types, a current through these things generates E and H fields that accelerate instantly to the speed of light. Have no idea how this happens, but it does, and can be measured.

Gravity must have some effect on radio waves, lower frequencies follow the curvature of the earth, higher will bounce back off the ionosphere, much higher, straight as an arrow. Until the 70's had ship to shore radio in my boat that in theory could go around the world, but more interested in 70 miles. In the 2Mhz range, FCC killed this and went to VHF, lucky to hit 12 miles with these things.

Same with HDTV, people around here were getting good VHF reception until HDTV came along in the UHF range, strictly line of site with no reception. Those they had some ghost on analog were getting a blue screen. But their solution was simple, either pay for a dish or cable. Call this political electronics.

Now the FAA is dumping all the ground navigation equipment in favor of GPS, expecting a lot more plane crashes. And news reports on hackers getting into aircraft electronics. Can't hack a ground analog system

·
Premium Member
2,496 Posts
As interesting (and needed) as a working FTL drive is, Eagleworks is currently researching an electro-magnetic drive (EmDrive) that violates the conservation of momentum laws first codified by Sir Isaac Newton's 1st law of motion. This drive, if it really works, depends on an controversal and unproven set of solutions to General Relativity where it intersects with Special Relativity and Quantum Mechanics. Basically, if you create a properly shaped closed container and subject it to microwaves you get a propellent thrust. The measured input energy to thrust ratio is already higher than the best ion drives we have today but no one has successfully scaled it up enough to allow any propulsion lab to actually build and test. This drive design has been tested in three different labs (England by the inventor, China, and NASA) around the world and all report the same result - thrust without a propellent. We currently have no physical theory to describe this drive's operations, which is giving a lot of physicists real headaches trying to disprove or prove why this drive operates as it appears to do.
Ha thats funny Hutchinson produced several experiments demonstrating this exact phenom in the 90's. It is what was known as the hutchinson effect. He tried to demonstrate it for the media and governments. The report of his effort is that nothing happened. Hilarious to me if it didnt work than why did the US government seize all of his property? To make that last statement more interesting he is a Canadian citizen and his home was in Canada at the time they took it.... Its funny how they have smeared his reputation sounds a lot like stolen tech to me.

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
One would think if these aliens from outer space that are claimed to be a million years ahead of us in intelligence would be smart enough not to crash their space craft into our earth.

But as Ancient Alien theorist believe, it was these aliens that created us, so as not to conflict with a God that did the creating, they say these aliens were created by God. But if they did create us, and don't know how to drive, would explain why we have over a million automotive accidents in this country alone. We don't know how to drive either.

They also state that Jesus was an alien sent here to teach us something. But was said if he was sent here today, wouldn't have been crucified, but would have ended up in a nut house instead.

R-12 depleted the ozone layer was a theory never proven and is CO2 causing global warming. One thing for sure, no shortage on theories.

Another theory is that the gravity of a black hole is so strong, intelligence can't leave it, sucked down into the center of it. We also have strong gravity on this earth, if you don't believe this, just try and drop a 250 pound anvil on your toe. Also the gravitational force is not uniform. Stronger in some places, like in Washington D.C. that would explain the mental status of our leaders. Their intelligence is being sucked to the center of this earth.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Ancient alien bad drivers creators...:laugh: That is a hypothesis I can stand behind given the large number of bad drivers today.

R-12 depleted the ozone layer was a theory never proven and is CO2 causing global warming. One thing for sure, no shortage on theories.
CO² does cause global warming.
What is the hottest planetary surface temperature in our solar system? It's not the sun's closest neighbor. It's Venus. 735°K. Day, night, north pole or equator. Doesn't matter where you are on the planet. Infrared heat is trapped by the carbon dioxide.

The Soviets had several landers survive for a short amount of time. I think NASA's Pioneer was the first to last over an hour - not much longer. It's so hellish that it anhialates anything we drop.

The question is, as a relatively puny and weak species, can we actually release enough carbon dioxide into the atmosphere to affect the Earth's climate?

·
Administrator
25,120 Posts
Read that article on EM, reporting a total thrust of about 0.02 Newtons powered by an 850W magnetron is not very impressive. But gave me assurance, least I don't have to be concerned about my microwave flying off into space.
On Earth, or for that matter, any other deep gravity well, forces measured in milli-Newtons are useless outside the lab, but in space this isn't true. Our best ion thrusters, which use the well understood Hall effect to accelerate electrically charged particles out the thrust nozzles, produce thrust in the same micro-Newton range. The benefit of the EM drive, if it does work, is to allow us to no longer have to design space craft with propellent tanks. This opens the solar system to exploration and exploitation.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts