Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Happy Canada Day - Fender Mounted Flag

2949 Views 4 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  Mick
Happy Canada Day for those of you in Canada, and Happy Independence Day to my US friends. Thought I would dress the Cruze up with a custom made-to-fit flag pole for the right fender. Took me around an hour to cut and shape the metal to fit just perfectly in the little gap. Painted it black and then wrapped key areas in vinyl tape to protect the paint. With the hood closed it keeps it nice and snug so the bracket shouldn't damage the paint in any way.

Hood Bumper Auto part Screw Metal
Vehicle Automotive exterior Auto part Hood Car
Vehicle Car Hood Automotive exterior Flag

:whatdoyouthink:
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Premium Member
1,202 Posts
Cool idea. Looks nice.

I would be afraid to do anything like that here. There are too many people here who hate everything, and someone would try to break it off, or smash it.

· Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cool idea. Looks nice.

I would be afraid to do anything like that here. There are too many people here who hate everything, and someone would try to break it off, or smash it.
That's why I made it so it could quickly be screwed into place and taken off. I removed it while the car was parked anywhere. The wind actually pulled on it so much it ever so slightly did damage to the clear coat. Nothing too bad and not really noticeable unless you look right at the spot.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.