Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! My name's Christine. I live in Maine, and I bought my Cruze in June. It's a 2014 with the 1.4L LT1. I've been given a little grief over the fact that it has a salvage title, but I have faith in her. Due to the damage that she had. I named her(yes, I named a mechanical thing lol) Phoenix as a testament to being rebuilt in a way. Since the date of purchase, I've replaced the Alternator, belt tensioner, belt, and valve cover. She runs great now, and idles very smoothly. I've always wanted a Cruze ever since they came out, and I couldn't be happier with my purchase. Now I just need to replace the two rear tires, and find out why only the insides of those rear tires is bald. They were originally on the front. I want to say thanks for all the posts on the valve cover issue. If it wasn't for this site, I never would've figured that out. Here's some photos of before I bought her and after my purchase.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks pretty good! I can't imagine the work that had to be done to get it right. How does it drive now?
She runs great! The only thing I need to get fixed is the rocker panels. The paint is peeling, and the rear tires. Other than that. She zooms! 😂😂

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
She runs great! The only thing I need to get fixed is the rocker panels. The paint is peeling, and the rear tires. Other than that. She zooms! 😂😂
She runs great! I was told the damage repair cost close to $8,000. I'm gonna guess they didn't think to check the rocker panels, because the paint is peeling, so I've got to get that fixed before winter really sets in. Then get the alignment done and two new tires. I've told my husband this is my forever car. 😂😂 I love the handling, the ride, the setup. It's definitely a car I would buy again. Even if the valve cover and intake has to be replaced every 50,000 miles.

·
Premium Member
4,722 Posts
Why were you given Grief over owning a salvage CRUZE? How much did you pay, are you able to Register/Insure her?

My 2014 1.4 T costs about $30,000 after financing.I'm sure you are doing much better!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Why were you given Grief over owning a salvage CRUZE? How much did you pay, are you able to Register/Insure her?

My 2014 1.4 T costs about $30,000 after financing.I'm sure you are doing much better!
I have family that likes to insert their opinions about my car. After financing her, it came to $9,000 and something. I think for a totaled car she does amazing. I was able to register her, but getting her insured was a little tough. Nationwide doesn't cover dirty titles. So I'm going with AAA. I have liberty mutual now, but their roadside is small for a big price. I'm all set. I bet you got yours through a big dealer. I went through a buy here pay here dealer, but I trust them. Just wish they would've told me about the salvaged title.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hi everyone! My name's Christine. I live in Maine, and I bought my Cruze in June. It's a 2014 with the 1.4L LT1. I've been given a little grief over the fact that it has a salvage title, but I have faith in her. Due to the damage that she had. I named her(yes, I named a mechanical thing lol) Phoenix as a testament to being rebuilt in a way. Since the date of purchase, I've replaced the Alternator, belt tensioner, belt, and valve cover. She runs great now, and idles very smoothly. I've always wanted a Cruze ever since they came out, and I couldn't be happier with my purchase. Now I just need to replace the two rear tires, and find out why only the insides of those rear tires is bald. They were originally on the front. I want to say thanks for all the posts on the valve cover issue. If it wasn't for this site, I never would've figured that out. Here's some photos of before I bought her and after my purchase. View attachment 284234 View attachment 284235 View attachment 284236 View attachment 284237
thats a nice car I like that color :)

·
Premium Member
4,722 Posts
I bet you got yours through a big dealer. I went through a buy here pay here dealer, but I trust them. Just wish they would've told me about the salvaged title.
Not really a little tiny Chevrolet dealer in Lake Havasu Arizona. I didn't know a dealer could sell a salvage & especially hide the fact about the title. How did you get those pics in your first post, how could you not know it was a 'Wrecker'? You should consult a Lawyer?

·
Registered
34 Posts

30K? I think I paid 20k with about 1k in financing. 2014 LT with the RS package. Just paid my last payment in October and got the title today.

·
Premium Member
4,722 Posts
30K? I think I paid 20k with about 1k in financing. 2014 LT with the RS package. Just paid my last payment in October and got the title today.
Are you Financing with a new Negative Interest Rate Car Lender? I'm not aware of anyone who can finance $22,000 and only pay $1000 in finance charges?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts