Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I've got a 2013 Cruze LS Manual Trans, and for the last few months I've been hearing what sounds like a ratcheting, squeaking type sound when I go to push in the clutch pedal. The pedal tension also seems harder than it should normally be. I have about 56k on it. Any opinions here on whether this could be a problem with the clutch pedal mechanism, a wearing clutch, or even both?

·
Premium Member
25,596 Posts
Symptoms of a worn out clutch. Replace it before it damages the flywheel. 56K miles is short but within reason if you spend a lot of time in stop & go traffic in hills.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks for the advice. If you are right about the clutch, I'd say that's pretty bad. I do get into stop and go traffic weekly with it, though.

I feel that I should have this one at an independent garage as I am hoping that after-market clutch plates might last longer next time. I realize that they have to hone the fly wheel. Furthermore, the powertrain warranty through GM does not cover the clutch.

One last thing, should I have them put this AMS Oil Snychromesh Manual Trans fluid in it, whichever is the proper weight? 75W or different?

·
Premium Member
25,596 Posts
If you want an aftermarket clutch take a look at Welcome to Bad News Racing. I've been running AMSOil Synchromesh for 40K miles with excellent results.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts