Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Especially women and children, always something new on Discovery on WW II. Watched this program last night and never realized this aspect before.

Sending common soldiers ordered to murder essentially innocent people that just happened to be born Jewish. Said it wasn't true that soldiers that couldn't do this, were not shot themselves, but assigned to different duties, like the Russian front. At first they were using common rifles and machine guns, but was way too costly. And the disposal of bodies was a major problem for them.

Actually grew up in a Jewish neighborhood only a half a block away from a Synagogue. They were my playmates growing up. Ha, even loved eating bagels with Kosher corned beef. Just unbelievable that is was going on across the lake.

Met several people in my life that denied this ever happened, but if this is true with the thousands of feet of film footage, the makers of these films should receive an Academy Award for realism.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
I don't think all German soldiers were insane and murderous as our governments would like you to believe. They couldn't have been, nobody can point a gun at a child and pull that trigger and not care.

If they were being sent to the Russian front lines where half the German army froze to death then in their minds they may have decided it's them or me and used that to determine shooting innocent people was their only option.

Sent from the sexy electrician

·
Premium Member
2,496 Posts
The whole situation was jacked. But to be honest it would very difficult decision I would hope that I would have the courage to take the bullet instead of the life. I cant say what I would do, I like to think I am that honorable. None the less none of that should detract from what actually happened the massacre of not only the "Jews" but all the other nations fighting and even the massacre of the Germans themselves. Romel himself was trying to take out hitler towards the end when he realized what was really going on.

The strange part is he had Jewish bloodline. I believe he contract syphilis from a jewish prostitute and that started the ball rolling.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Read the book called Ordinary Men Reserve Police battalion 101. Good read..... And there were plenty of people that could point a gun at a child and pull the trigger back then. Thousands of them Einstatzgrupen..... but that took to long then came the camps

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is the definition of Fascism:

"fas·cism (f²sh“¹z”…m) n. 1. Often Fascism.a. A system of government marked by centralization of authority under a dictator, stringent socioeconomic controls, suppression of the opposition through terror and censorship, and typically a policy of belligerent nationalism and racism. b. A political philosophy or movement based on or advocating such a system of government."

Also defined as putting the state ahead of the individual. One can only wonder how the very intelligent German people could buy into this, one of the great mysteries.

Stalin also murdered around 25 million of his own people, was stated that he and Hitler's mothers were alcoholics with very abusive fathers. Can only wonder how different this world would be if they were never born.

Some Jewish people stated, if it wasn't for the six million Jews that were sacrificed, would never have an Israel today. Certain amount of truth to this, was in 70 AD, the Romans decided to completely get rid of the Jews, and those that didn't leave this country were murdered, and also was the end of Israel until 1948.

I could never kill a child.

·
Banned
1,067 Posts
I think there were a certain number of truly evil people....but a majority were acting out of self preservation....knowing it would effectively be them or me....And self preservation is a very strong instinct, few people have ever been in a situation dire enough to understand HOW strong it is.

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dealing with a dictator now, Maduo in Venezuela.

Have a kid stuck in this hellhole and a grandson, tell them to keep a low profile, protesters can be jailed or shot by this AH.

Have a long standing petition on them, Obama isn't any help, has complete control over the State Department, congressman and senators I know personally, give sympathy, but are helpless. So what good are representatives? Obama is far more interested in Africa, and illegals coming here. Talk about really nasty mean people, try dealing with our National Visa Center.

Learning common people can get along just fine, but our leaders sure can't.

·
Registered
379 Posts
As bad as the Nazi Germans were, and they were bad, The Imperial Japanese may have been worse.

They had contests to see who could kill 100 civilians first. Some particularly brutal rape/murder/dismemberment of females.

Then there's our treatment of the German population after the war. We weren't benevolent victors. We were still better than the Soviets,but we did some wrong.

It's been romanticized somewhat over the years, but it was a brutal time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts