Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking for a potential way to hard wire my radar detector into my 2017 LT. It has the standard mirror and OnStar in the ceiling. Think there is a way to route a wire and pull power from the OnStar? I'm about to email MirrorTap and see if they have anything.

FYI I am looking to do this because I'm not a big fan of sending wire through the A Pillar and maintaining a clean appearance while minimizing clutter.

Has anyone done the wiring? Photos?

·
Registered
574 Posts
nope I ending doing the pillar. I made a whole new fuse box from battery because IMO going from other things could lead to many bad things. as I have done that 20+ yrs ago. I have a slew of extra things on my car this is why I went this route

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So, pulled my car out of storage and started fiddling. Attached are some photos of a MirrorTap kit meant for a C6 vette being plugged about on the LT onstar. The length needs to be a bit longer, however I could not pull power. Figure it's because I don't know what's a ground off the wires. I'll be prodding about later, but here's the now: a photo of the Onstar plug I wish to work with.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
So, pulled my car out of storage and started fiddling. Attached are some photos of a MirrorTap kit meant for a C6 vette being plugged about on the LT onstar. The length needs to be a bit longer, however I could not pull power. Figure it's because I don't know what's a ground off the wires. I'll be prodding about later, but here's the now: a photo of the Onstar plug I wish to work with.
on 2017 premier - After finally finding a 12v source [alot of 5v there]and ground and using them, I soon found oem monitors current draw and was not happy. Ended up running back to fuse box

·
Premium Member
1,351 Posts
Old thread, but how do you remove the Onstar Covers. It looks like a clamshell, but do you pull apart in the center, or from the back. I dont wanna break any clips.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts