Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have to pull the door panel off tomorrow to be sure, but I have a buzzing sound at certain frequencies coming from my passenger mid. This can be mostly replicated when on a phone call something about the voice really makes it buzz. Not sure if it is just a resonant buzz, or if the speaker is just truly blown :( I only have 75w/channel and amp gain is at about 1/4.

Any input on what these speakers can really handle would be great before I really tear into it. Or some input on how to test if it's blown :)

· Administrator
14,726 Posts
I have to pull the door panel off tomorrow to be sure, but I have a buzzing sound at certain frequencies coming from my passenger mid. This can be mostly replicated when on a phone call something about the voice really makes it buzz. Not sure if it is just a resonant buzz, or if the speaker is just truly blown :( I only have 75w/channel and amp gain is at about 1/4.

Any input on what these speakers can really handle would be great before I really tear into it. Or some input on how to test if it's blown :)
I've pushed mine pretty hard and haven't blown one yet. Take the speaker out and inspect it. Play it free air and see if you can reproduce the sound. It could be something else vibrating. They are pretty robust drivers, but aren't expensive to replace if needed.

· Registered
47 Posts
Check the wires going to the actual speaker. I had this problem with a tweeter, had to resolder the wires to the speaker terminals. I also remounted the tweeter to make sure the wires wouldn't move in a way to make it happen again. Got rid of the buzz completely. I don't know if this is your case though

· Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Seems to be the little push clips on the door panel buzzing. I wrapped the heads that slide into the panel in some Teflon tape and it's much better. I'm kind of sad because I was going to use the blown speaker to justify going with the Dayton/seas combo and testing them out. Lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.