Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys so I was bored today and I decided to look around on ebay for things to do to my car (14, LS) and I stumbled across this...75 Horse Power Gain 6 MPG Performance Tuner Chip Super Unit | eBay

I figured for the price I wanted to try it.. But I wanted to make sure if anyone has had this and have they had problems with it or did they like it ETC.

I'm in no way expecting to gain 75 HP out of my Cruze but I little more torque and MPG would be nice. Looking for ways to add a little extra jam to my car for cheap cause currenltly I can't afford the tune and I want to do exhaust and CAI ETC to my car before I tune.

Thanks for looking and I hope this helps other people as well!

·
Premium Member
1,341 Posts
Funny.

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,264 Posts
I kinda figured, just wanted to know other peoples opinions. Thanks guys! Any body know any (Cheap) things to do to the Cruze, performance or look wise. I'm super bored right now and I don' know what to do that isn't super $$$
Add subs for a bit better bass sound stage .. I have 4 for sale with amps
I also have 2 sets of component 6.5 door speakers with amps . a 2 din H U a 5 channel amp to go with that if interested PM me .

·
Administrator
25,035 Posts
Spark plugs.

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,264 Posts
Yeah they need to be gapped .

·
10,685 Posts
my car been perfect so far no codes yet & always run 93 octane in it. I know how to do this in a jiffy but should I really check? 2014 ltz. Thanks
Plugs aren't always the same gap out the box but history of these cars showed gaps were well under. Newer should be fine but slightly larger gap helped out under A/C stop and go conditions and 6th gear at lower speeds in manual trans equipt cars.

·
Premium Member
2,496 Posts
I just dont understand how ebay lets these speds make some of the dumbest claims I have ever seen. I would have No problem their if they had ever increased 70hp on any car . Better Idle nooooo. These items are predatory on uneducated buyers . I think EBAY should remove these types of items

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I guess I should have told you what I have already done. Thanks Brian v but I have already added a pac and 10" sub. I have front door speakers and 6x9 for the rear and I currently saving for rear door speakers. I have an amp as well. Just saving up so I can swap out my head unit and buy everything the keep my onstar and let me control my car options through my steering wheel controls ETC.

I have already gapped my spark plugs to.35 and it has made a serious difference. I just made the switch to premium gas last fill up so we will see what happens there after a few fill ups but I can tell after about 1/4 tank it started to feel a bit more peppy. Unfortunately the gas station I go to only does 87 and 91 octane. So 91 it is. I have also vinyl wrapped my bow ties red and plasti dipped my wheel covers. (Have ugly steel wheels) which I hope to be gone very soon with new rims.

As for a tune, I'm waiting first to install a CAI, new header and downpipe and my brother is a welder so he is building me the piping for my new exhaust. Then I will get the tune.

As for mods I have going on right now, I am shopping around for fog lights. I am waiting for rear calipers and rotors for a drum to disk conversion, then a big disk conversion on the front and then hopefully rims.

I am also building the harness from the steering wheel controls into the radio because when I bought the car I didn't get radio or steering wheel controls because it was my first loan and I only got approved for 17k so I had to cheap out. Which is why I have the LS.

I'm pretty sure that's all I have done currently. Unfortunately the city I live in has severely slowed down for Mechanics so I have been laid off. So I don't have a whole lot of money at the moment.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I just dont understand how ebay lets these speds make some of the dumbest claims I have ever seen. I would have No problem their if they had ever increased 70hp on any car . Better Idle nooooo. These items are predatory on uneducated buyers . I think EBAY should remove these types of items
I couldn't agree more, I know so many people who haven't done their research on things and buy without thinking and have gotten stung and can't get their money back.

Unfortunately their are so many of these types of things that Ebay can't keep up with them all. So it turns into a "Buyer Beware" situation.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts