Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 2017 LS. I have a USB stick with a few thousand songs on it that I leave plugged into the car all the time, and usually listen to it rather than the radio. Yesterday, I started the car, had a song from the USB playing, shifted into reverse and backed out of the driveway. When I shifted into drive and started going, I noticed the image from the backup camera froze for a couple seconds, then the audio stopped playing and the screen went black for a couple seconds. It then came up on the "home screen" and the USB music started playing (but a different song than was just previously playing). It's the only time I've seen this happen since I've had the car, but just wondering if anyone else has managed to crash their system.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You have a fairly large USB stick plugged in. I'm not surprised.

it's a 16GB stick with just under 3000 songs on it (and no, not country :). i believe i read in the manual that it supports up to 32 (or 64) gb sticks, and that the system supports display and play of up to 5000 (or 10000?) songs. either way, what i have is under the specified limits.

no biggie either way....was just curious if i was the only one here who managed to crash the system or if it's a more common occurance.

·
Premium Member
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
5,885 Posts
I have a 64GB stick with probably 4k+ songs, or so, and I've had it do that a few times in my Volt. But if I recall, I've had it do that once or twice without my USB drive in. I generally take it out of the vehicle every night when I get home (and I only use it on the drive home). Just a hiccup, nothing major in my opinion, even if it's a little annoying.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I get the impression that (at the time of this post), the 2017 Cruze cannot support Android art phones running Android 7.0 Nougat. The day I bought my Cruze, the MyLink display in my car kept going back every time I plugged in my Huawei Mate 9 (high-end Android smartphone).

However, when I plugged in my Galaxy S7 (running Android 6.0 Marshmallow), Android Auto connected without a problem.

The mechanics at the dealer disconnected/reconnected the battery 3 times before I thought my Android Nougat device was the problem.

I haven't tried using a flash drive.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mine has 4 (?) times while using android auto. The first time it crashed the screen went black, and I was stuck listening to an oldies station at the same volume for like 5 minutes before it came back on. I think mine might need a firmware update.

·
Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
12,105 Posts
I've got a 2017 LS. I have a USB stick with a few thousand songs on it that I leave plugged into the car all the time, and usually listen to it rather than the radio. Yesterday, I started the car, had a song from the USB playing, shifted into reverse and backed out of the driveway. When I shifted into drive and started going, I noticed the image from the backup camera froze for a couple seconds, then the audio stopped playing and the screen went black for a couple seconds. It then came up on the "home screen" and the USB music started playing (but a different song than was just previously playing). It's the only time I've seen this happen since I've had the car, but just wondering if anyone else has managed to crash their system.
This may or may not help: USB Flash Drive Size and other Service Programming Tips

Mine has 4 (?) times while using android auto. The first time it crashed the screen went black, and I was stuck listening to an oldies station at the same volume for like 5 minutes before it came back on. I think mine might need a firmware update.
Welcome Aboard!:welcome:

You should introduce yourself and your Cruze here.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Mine has crashed before while driving using an iOS device. No audio, no response on touchscreen or knob/buttons, no backup camera. Eventually the system just went blank and restarted. I just wish there was a way to reset the dang thing when it starts acting up, and it does start acting up. Like maybe holding down the power button would do a reboot or something.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts