Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I always wanted my map lights to come on along with the dome lights when you opened the doors. I never understood why they didnt come factory like that. Has anyone made a write up on how to make this happen?

·
Premium Member
7,715 Posts
Electrically, it would be pretty simple. A pair of diodes from the dome light circuit to each map light. But I haven't pulled the parts in question to see how hard it would be.

·
Banned
1,067 Posts
Why? Daytime you don't need them, and at night what's there offers plenty of light.....too much impairs your night vision for a significant amount of time. You can always turn them on when you REALLY need that extra light.

·
Premium Member
7,715 Posts
I'm not sure what model he drives, but not all Cruzes have a front dome light - just the one between the front seats. I imagine it's rather dark with no light in the front. While you make a good point on night vision, not everyone lives out in the country. If it's a city car, you probably want brighter lights just to keep up with the outside.

I've got a front dome light and I still upgraded the bulbs. Black on black interior makes it pretty dark.

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
Electrically, it would be pretty simple. A pair of diodes from the dome light circuit to each map light. But I haven't pulled the parts in question to see how hard it would be.
Like ChevyGuy said, or add another light assembly with the power tapped from the existing dome light. My 2011 1LT does not have a dome light in the front, only in the middle as stated. Been thinking of doing this for a long time as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts