Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after doing (and continuing to do) some digging into what I can expect from a Cruze oil burner, I'm leaning towards a full delete on the motor. EGR, DEF, DPF, muffler- all of it, gone. Has anyone done this before, and if so, what can I expect as far as how the car will respond? Would prefer to not have more headaches than before, with all the "DEF quality poor" lights and bad NOX sensors and numerous recalls that are rampant in these kinds of systems.

I found a reputable, well known tuner that can tune the motor to run without the emissions equipment on it, and I believe it will be just a matter of removing the exhaust system, as well as plugging the EGR. I want this car to last a while, and I know that a diesel with this amount of emissions equipment on it is a diesel with vast reserves of power and economy just waiting to come to the surface. It's not going to win races, nor will it pay for itself anytime soon- I get that, but I'll never find the limits of the motor with these kinds of harness on it.

·
Registered
130 Posts
There's a couple on here who are.

I can't decide if I'm.going to do that or sell the car and get back into diesel trucks. My commute is now 1/2 mile.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01BDC using Tapatalk

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Awesome. Can you point me in the direction of the information? Even the tuner websites seem hush-hush on the topic.

·
Premium Member
3,901 Posts
Awesome. Can you point me in the direction of the information? Even the tuner websites seem hush-hush on the topic.
Well, considering it's completely illegal, it's probably in their best interest to keep it from being too public.

As the car ages, I'll obviously be weighing my options more carefully as far as fixing emissions issues versus a full delete - but if I'm deleting it, I want everything gone. Removing the DEF tank would get you around 50 lbs off the ass of the car (DEF is about 9 lbs per gallon). Removing all the extra equipment should probably save another 20-30 lbs.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Very true. I have considered the legality of such an endeavor, but never took into account the weight savings.

·
Premium Member
2,219 Posts
OP, there are several threads on here about the delete and the challenges in doing so, might be a good idea to do a search on here and read up about it

·
Premium Member
3,901 Posts
Very true. I have considered the legality of such an endeavor, but never took into account the weight savings.
Yup, and every little bit certainly helps. ****, one could even add it at least a saver spare (in the non-CTD factory location) and still save 60-70 lbs.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
@Jdrury15, you deleted yours with Fleece from the start right. Just wondering the deal with your recent plugs for these guys. I'm deleting mine shortly and have not bought from anyone yet. I know both companies are reputable in the field so any insight?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I believe I'll go with Fleece for mine, too. Thanks for the input, guys.

·
Registered
101 Posts
@Jdrury15, you deleted yours with Fleece from the start right. Just wondering the deal with your recent plugs for these guys. I'm deleting mine shortly and have not bought from anyone yet. I know both companies are reputable in the field so any insight?
It's the same company it allows them to advertise and sell it and if he EPA comes knocking it won't hurt the the other company.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts