Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
5,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that we have a few hatch owners on here, I was curious what kind of dimensions we're talking about for interior storage, as far as LxWxH with the seats folded.

I was planning to get a Diesel Colorado, but quite honestly, if I can fit enough **** in the Cruze Hatch, I'd much rather spend $15k less to end up with a CTD Hatch...

·
Super Moderator
7,804 Posts
I'm curious as well. I too was thinking of a diesel canyon - but if my walker can fit in the hatch I'll save the bread.

The specs only say 22.7 cubic feet of cargo room.

·
Premium Member
5,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm curious as well. I too was thinking of a diesel canyon - but if my walker can fit in the hatch I'll save the bread.

The specs only say 22.7 cubic feet of cargo room.
That's with the seats folded up, with it folded down, you're talking about 47.2 cubic feet.

Another benefit over a truck is a load floor is a **** of a lot lower, especially because I'm wanting a 4x4 Z71 or ZR2.

·
Super Moderator
7,804 Posts
That's with the seats folded up, with it folded down, you're talking about 47.2 cubic feet.

Another benefit over a truck is a load floor is a **** of a lot lower, especially because I'm wanting a 4x4 Z71 or ZR2.
Yeah, I know what you mean about that lift over height. My preference is always 2WD - but I'd like a canyon Denali and they're only available as 4WD in my jurisdiction. Plus the tonneau I like is almost $2K installed so it really adds up fast.

I'm also thinking about the diesel powered equinox. It might be my in-between compromise.

Reactions: MP81

·
Premium Member
5,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Another good one, though I don't feel the need to get myself a Crossover just yet.

I can't remember specifically who here has the Cruze hatches...

·
Premium Member
1,544 Posts
Length from the back of the front seat to the back depends on position of front seat of course. My seat is set for a driver about 5'10" tall.

There is also about a 6 1/2" drop to the cargo floor from the hatch opening.

The interior dimensions would be very close to that of a Trax except that the Trax, having a higher ride height, does not have the 6 1/2" drop to the floor and has a higher opening height as a result because it is an SUV type opening.

Trunk Vehicle Car Automotive exterior Auto part

·
Premium Member
5,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Awesome! Thanks for taking those measurements! I'm assuming the front passenger seat doesn't recline/pivot forward much to be too much of a help, for length?

·
Premium Member
1,544 Posts
Awesome! Thanks for taking those measurements! I'm assuming the front passenger seat doesn't recline/pivot forward much to be too much of a help, for length?
The front seat only pivots to an fully upright position. With the passenger seat all the way forward, I would estimate floor length behind it to be about 70". I can't get a more accurate measurement than that since it's full of work stuff now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts