Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wife called this AM telling me the DIC displayed a message saying the engine is hot, and the A/C is now turned off, and temperature gauge reading hotter than normal (although still well below red). Smelled anti-freeze and said the electronic fan was not running.

It is a 2011 A/T 1.4T LT, on its way to the dealer via tow truck. Have 47k miles on it, dealer service lady said if its water pump, as suspected from reading other posts here and the quick response I got on the welcome thread, then it will be covered under the 5yr/100k warranty.

IF it is just an electronic thermostat, as I've also seen mentioned here, would that be covered under powertrain warranty?

Thanks in advance and glad I found this forum for any future issues :)

Bradley

·
Premium Member
5,535 Posts
I 'think' so Bradley, but doubt if it is the problem.

I can't remember if anyone on the forum has had a thermostat failure yet.

Rob

·
Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts
Bradely,

Keep us posted while at the dealership. If you need assistance, please do not hesitate to reach out.

Exclusions:
Excluded from the powertrain coverage are sensors, wiring, connectors, engine radiator, coolant hoses, fans, coolant and heater core. Coverage on the engine cooling system begins at the inlet to the water pump and ends with the thermostat housing and/or outlet that attaches to the return hose. Also excluded are engine oil cooling hoses and radiators.

Erica Tiffany
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts
Thanks for the update bradleygt! Glad that your issue is being resolved! Thanks for keeping us posted. Have a great weekend!

Jackie
Chevrolet Customer Care

1 - 6 of 6 Posts