Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve put a lot of money so far into my Chevy Cruze,I like my cruse but this year is bad for the car I’ve replaced a lot of parts and some where warranted but others not needed and still can’t figure out where the squander squawking is coming from

·
Registered
4 Posts
I’ve put a lot of money so far into my Chevy Cruze,I like my cruse but this year is bad for the car I’ve replaced a lot of parts and some where warranted but others not needed and still can’t figure out where the squander squawking is coming from
Sway bars??? I replaced mine and the squawking has stopped.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I’m Barb I’ve owned my Chevy Cruze for 8 years I like it but this year I’m at a lost with what’s up with it, my mechanic has done pretty much everything we googled, read, and still nothing works

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This chirping squealing noise is all the time when accelerating and at start up

·
Registered
60 Posts
since you have owned your car for 8+ years and most likely put on over 100k on the car some things that might cause the squeaking sound. tie rod ends, steering stabilizers, struts/shocks (but i’m going to assume you replaced all them parts already) also might be your serpentine belt but usually when they start barking it is more of an all the time thing. other than what i’ve listed not sure what else would cause a squeaking noise in this car.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
since you have owned your car for 8+ years and most likely put on over 100k on the car some things that might cause the squeaking sound. tie rod ends, steering stabilizers, struts/shocks (but i’m going to assume you replaced all them parts already) also might be your serpentine belt but usually when they start barking it is more of an all the time thing. other than what i’ve listed not sure what else would cause a squeaking noise in this car.
It’s not the serpentine belt not shocks but I have not put on struts as of yet

·
Registered
60 Posts
It’s not the serpentine belt not shocks but I have not put on struts as of yet
struts and shocks are pretty much the same you either have shocks or struts (i believe our car and 99% of fwd cars have struts shocks are more for trucks and heavy duty vehicles but i could be wrong on that) another i forgot to mention is your ball joints might also cause squeaking if you haven’t replaced them yet

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
struts and shocks are pretty much the same you either have shocks or struts (i believe our car and 99% of fwd cars have struts shocks are more for trucks and heavy duty vehicles but i could be wrong on that) another i forgot to mention is your ball joints might also cause squeaking if you haven’t replaced them yet
I have shocks on the back and struts on the front

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
This reply is confusing.
When I first start the car put it in reverse to back out of garage and out of drive way then put it in drive to move forward going down the road going up hills but not down hills

·
Registered
60 Posts
Just replaced the shocks over last weekend
if haven’t replaced the struts yet i would anyways because if the back are worn then chances are the front is work too. as a general rule parts that come in pairs or more (i.e. tie rods, stabilizers) just replace both. just because one is out the other isn’t that far off. other than ball joints could be a wheel hub but those usually make a loud growling sound and go away on turns. other than that not sure what would cause squeaking

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
if haven’t replaced the struts yet i would anyways because if the back are worn then chances are the front is work too. as a general rule parts that come in pairs or more (i.e. tie rods, stabilizers) just replace both. just because one is out the other isn’t that far off. other than ball joints could be a wheel hub but those usually make a loud growling sound and go away on turns. other than that not sure what would cause squeaking
I have couple of mechanics scratching their heads trying to figure this out one told me to trade it off but I won’t I like the car

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have couple of mechanics scratching their heads trying to figure this out one told me to trade it off but I won’t I like the car
i feel a bit better being at a loss on your problem, by no means i’m not a pro wrench, but i’ve been wrenching on cars since 10 yo with my old man. long story short i’ve been working on cars just as long as the best wrench and your problem is making me scratch my head just like them.

·
Registered
2014 RS
62 Posts
Since it makes the chirping at start up I question whether it is related to the suspension. My Cruze recently developed the chirping (intermitent) and, although it had no oil leak whatsoever, it turned out to be the front crankshaft seal. I discovered this using a stethoscope. Replaced the seal and the chirping disappeared. You may want to give this a try.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts